Ukraine (29 Viewers)

There's a reason I was not in the armed forces - I would have been a useless blubbery mess in a situation like this. Much respect to everyone who is, or ever was, in the military.

Audio - NSFW

adrenaline high is a real thing. You can be overcome by it and make some really rash decisions.

The Russians were waiting to see movement before firing vs anticipating so rounds came MILLISECONDS as he passed the opening. That will make the hair on your neck stand up and then reality settles in that had you tripped, stumbled or missed 1/2 step, you would have been dead. Hard to digest in the moment, but after a while of quiet, that is a mind #@#$ for many.

Wife has 2 friends who did Afghanistan and they will never be "right" mentally. They are functioning, and its gotten better with therapy and time, but wont be same as pre-deployment.

There's a reason I was not in the armed forces - I would have been a useless blubbery mess in a situation like this. Much respect to everyone who is, or ever was, in the military.

Audio - NSFW

Not all of them survived that, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Wife has 2 friends who did Afghanistan and they will never be "right" mentally. They are functioning, and its gotten better with therapy and time, but wont be same as pre-deployment.
My cousin did Vietnam. He graduated HS as the valedictorian. He volunteered because his father served in WW2 and
Korea. He came home a drug addict who couldn't hold a steady job. He died in 1980 . His only source of income was
odd jobs and unemployment.

My cousin did Vietnam. He graduated HS as the valedictorian. He volunteered because his father served in WW2 and
Korea. He came home a drug addict who couldn't hold a steady job. He died in 1980 . His only source of income was
Said it so many times. War is hell.

Declaring war should take an act of congress AND a vote by all living veterans with a purple heart.

Said it so many times. War is hell.

Declaring war should take an act of congress AND a vote by all living veterans with a purple heart.
"It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it". Robert E. Lee

Lee was one of the best military leaders in history. He picked the wrong side in the civil war.

So the Sec General is prepositioning just because?

Or maybe they have intelligence that is alerting them to something? Along the lines of what Maria Popova said just 3 posts above.

If Putin is really not long for this world, he may very well do some dumb shirt.

Man, this country has a terrible history of taking care of its returning veterans. This pisses me off. Gotta be better than this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom