Ukraine (32 Viewers)

Its a question of how quickly they can repair it or at least get it temporarily working again. I'm no civil engineer but it could be this is more of a 24-48 hour knockout than the "several weeks" knockout that they need.
I have serious doubts that the Russians have the resources, manpower, or brainpower to repair that bridge. Especially while under attack. They will attempt a floating bridge, but that won't work for long, if at all.

I have serious doubts that the Russians have the resources, manpower, or brainpower to repair that bridge. Especially while under attack. They will attempt a floating bridge, but that won't work for long, if at all.
The width of the Dniper around that area is ~3000 feet. Thats bigger than the Mississippi around New Orleans (roughly 2200 feet) and nearly 3x as big as the Rhine in the places where the allies crossed it (~1000 feet). Would a floating bridge really be practical for such a stretch? Seems easier to just repair the sections that have been damaged. The supports are still intact.

Somewhat related... Does Pootin bite?

I hope this isn't true. It seems we give up value for some random person. I realize it stinks for them and their families, but we need to quit doing feel good trades to benefit the enemy.

I hope this isn't true. It seems we give up value for some random person. I realize it stinks for them and their families, but we need to quit doing feel good trades to benefit the enemy.
Tough call, but on the surface, I'd do it. It depends on if the arms dealer can come back to do harm to us in the future. That I don't know. But if he's a low-life dealer that's been outed and defanged, sure, let's make the deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom