Ukraine (9 Viewers)

Us telling them "no" on a handful of targets is a small price to pay for the Intel and weapon they are using.

I would like to see is allow them to hit inside of Russia.
While I understand that I don't think that's the right move. They need to focus on driving Russia out of their own country and not give.russia a reason to go to the next level. I read the reports and twits about how Russia is on their last leg but I tend to think Russia has enough to make this war really really bad given the opportunity.

While I understand that I don't think that's the right move. They need to focus on driving Russia out of their own country and not give.russia a reason to go to the next level. I read the reports and twits about how Russia is on their last leg but I tend to think Russia has enough to make this war really really bad given the opportunity.
My thinking is, if we allow Ukraine to fire into Russia then the Russians will pull their artillery back.

It can also destroy railroad tracks and depots.

While I understand that I don't think that's the right move. They need to focus on driving Russia out of their own country and not give.russia a reason to go to the next level...
That is the conventional wisdom but I disagree. To restrict attacks in Russia is a form of appeasement.

Russia is already hurting Ukraine the most it possibly can (within the restraints Russia feels, e.g., domestic pressure against a draft, and international pressure about certain weapons). Russia can sit back and cause hell in Ukraine indefinitely while having nothing to lose. It is silly for the West to hold back "or else Putin will get mad." He already is mad!

Ukraine will have a very hard time winning unless it shows the Russians that they have something to lose. This is a war.

It's amazing how no pro-russian individual has been targeted for embezzlement....only those that are independant from the state or who have voiced a differing image from the kremlin....Makes one think that russia is doing something improper....

Maybe the US is mostly carrying the "no" condition in case UKR wants to target civilian locations inside Russia. An eye-for-eye if you will, since we all know that RUS has no issues targeting UKR civilians.

Maybe the US is mostly carrying the "no" condition in case UKR wants to target civilian locations inside Russia. An eye-for-eye if you will, since we all know that RUS has no issues targeting UKR civilians.
Personally I don't think UKR would entertain the idea of hitting civilian targets anywhere on purpose. They may be fighting for their very lives, but they also have to present a "clean" image to the world and win the media war as well.

Personally I don't think UKR would entertain the idea of hitting civilian targets anywhere on purpose. They may be fighting for their very lives, but they also have to present a "clean" image to the world and win the media war as well.
I agree with you, I don't think they would target civilians either. I can't see the US saying "no" to RUS military targets, unless those targets are inside the terrorist country. I haven't been keeping up, but maybe UKR has already hit military targets inside the terrorist country. :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom