Ukraine (17 Viewers)

I agree with you, I don't think they would target civilians either. I can't see the US saying "no" to RUS military targets, unless those targets are inside the terrorist country. I haven't been keeping up, but maybe UKR has already hit military targets inside the terrorist country. :shrug:
They have, but using their own weapons, i.e. the choppers they used to hit the fuel depot a few months back, and I think a few other isolated incidents.

They have, but using their own weapons, i.e. the choppers they used to hit the fuel depot a few months back, and I think a few other isolated incidents.
And there were quite a few suspicious fires well inside russia as well.

I'm hoping that the No attacks inside Russia is for public consumption. Unofficially, I pray they allow targeting of military/military usage targets.

I'm hoping that the No attacks inside Russia is for public consumption. Unofficially, I pray they allow targeting of military/military usage targets.
I'm guessing the less reasons Russia has for a full mobilization the better. It's much harder to fight in Ukraine and it creates more questions about what they are doing there. Even the ones who believe the Nazi stories etc will eventually say it's not worth the effort since they aren't attacking us.

Give Russia the US and\or it's supplied weapons are bombing our cities angle and you risk galvanizing support for the regime enough to emboldened them.

That's some scary sheet right there. But, those of us that keep up with events knew this was on it's way after what the idiots did at Chernobyl.....and placing artillery there to keep them from being hit lines up with my human shield theory, only much more dangerous.

yeah they keep @#$@#$@#$ around and will cause a real international issue that could rival that of Chernobyl.

That is the conventional wisdom but I disagree. To restrict attacks in Russia is a form of appeasement.

Russia is already hurting Ukraine the most it possibly can (within the restraints Russia feels, e.g., domestic pressure against a draft, and international pressure about certain weapons). Russia can sit back and cause hell in Ukraine indefinitely while having nothing to lose. It is silly for the West to hold back "or else Putin will get mad." He already is mad!

Ukraine will have a very hard time winning unless it shows the Russians that they have something to lose. This is a war.
What does "this is war" mean?

Does it mean we should do whatever is necessary to defeat the enemy?

What does "this is war" mean?

Does it mean we should do whatever is necessary to defeat the enemy?
I don't think they should go crazy with targets inside russia, but militarily important targets within their borders should be on the table. I think what Consiglieri is saying is that russia thinks they have a safe haven, that UKR wouldn't dare to hit russian soil. I think they need to be made aware of the fact that they are at war with UKR and if Ukrainian soil is fair game, so is theirs.

I don't think they should go crazy with targets inside russia, but militarily important targets within their borders should be on the table. I think what Consiglieri is saying is that russia thinks they have a safe haven, that UKR wouldn't dare to hit russian soil. I think they need to be made aware of the fact that they are at war with UKR and if Ukrainian soil is fair game, so is theirs.
But wouldn’t that make Putin’s case for mobilization? Remember, Quantity has a quality all its own.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom