Ukraine (14 Viewers)

"aggravated situation in the Oblast"....riiiight.....and the one guy, "lack of housing provision and inadequate compensation", all he needs to do is hang around and the UA will provide for his housing, jus sayin'.

I looked it up. The lake was made in the early 70's to stabilize and feed a deep water canal for ships to transit to an inland port The depth of the lake is only about 18 to 20 feet deep. It's big but with such a shallow depth, and it feeding into a deep water canal for ships I doubt that people will experience wide area flooding along it's path.

What will likely happen is they will have to repair the dam before that canal can be used for inland shipping again.

There's a dam near Sacramento California which is like this. If that dam broke it would be shipping which would be affected. People wouldn't drown. Big business money would be what would be lost. And it probably would be fixed within a year.

I wish I could understand what he is saying....or maybe not....
His speech was slow and his diction was clear. I could understand him. He was talking to slow kind of folks so he spoke slowly. He was cut off before he finished but the comments about what he said was accurate.

Soviet Russia did the same thing during WWII. It wasn't all that successful. There was one point where the Soviets fed a massive number of their convict troops straight to the German meat grinders rather than send their more pliant folk to that same end.

My guess is the Soviets killed about half of them and the Germans killed the other half. For the convicts it was a death sentence.

Так сегодня выглядел пункт пропуска Нехотеевка, в него прилетело.

That's what the Nekhoteevka checkpoint looked like today, it flew into it.

This is the main checkpoint on the highway to Kharkiv. Artillery blew the hell out of it!

@Bletgorod

Attachments

• D3AA566D-E643-4D9A-AECD-D3C9412E8618.jpeg
    D3AA566D-E643-4D9A-AECD-D3C9412E8618.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 36
Ok…now things are getting serious here in Belgorod. Went shopping and couldn’t find any Coke!
Now, I’m a big Dr. Pepper fan so look what I am stuck with…
Why is it in English?

Ok…now things are getting serious here in Belgorod. Went shopping and couldn’t find any Coke!
Now, I’m a big Dr. Pepper fan so look what I am stuck with…

is it made w real sugar too?

Soft drinks in Europe jusssssssst dont taste the same without that high fructose corn syrup back-of-throat "burn" ;)

On a more serious issue…a lot of people at work are extremely worried about Putin getting “couped”! If it happens, they are convinced it will be by a far-right, ultra-nationalist group.
My Chief-of-Staff, who I’ve known for ten years, pulled me to the side and said he and his wife and their adult daughter have packed all their important items and loaded the car. They’ve planned an escape to Germany via Finland. Prepared to go on a moments notice.
They are petrified of a new regime when (if) Putin falls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom