Ukraine (30 Viewers)

After 24 hours I caught up by reading 10 new pages of this thread. What I found dismaying is the few number of tweets which have been posted which I found credible.

As I recall there was one tweet by Mark Hertling amoung that mess and that was about it:

I found Kiwi's posts credible and interesting, however his posts are limited to what he is seeing and hearing in a limited location.

What I saw in the last ten pages of this thread was a ton of speculation and unconfirmed reports. Very little that I would use to form an impression about the mobilization with the goal being to have an insight toward what might happen next.

Mark Hertliing has a PHD in Military Science. I only hold a minor degree in Military Science, and a bachelor degree in Physics. I highly respect anything Hertling has to says. This thread by Hertling is as far as I'm concerned is the gold standard on the topic of Russia's hapless mobilization:

If you don't read anything else, read this. Hertling knows what he's talking about. He's the expert on Twitter.

This is the list of the other people on Twitter I also find credible:

I love Hertling's stuff. Gold standard indeed.

While I agree it's hard to sort fact from fiction during fast changing events like this, I do think we still need to post what people are saying and seeing. I'd rather us continue keeping the information flowing as some people don't have or use Twitter and other social media sites.

Your points are well taken though.

After 24 hours I caught up by reading 10 new pages of this thread. What I found dismaying is the few number of tweets which have been posted which I found credible.

As I recall there was one tweet by Mark Hertling amoung that mess and that was about it:

I found Kiwi's posts credible and interesting, however his posts are limited to what he is seeing and hearing in a limited location.

What I saw in the last ten pages of this thread was a ton of speculation and unconfirmed reports. Very little that I would use to form an impression about the mobilization with the goal being to have an insight toward what might happen next.

Mark Hertliing has a PHD in Military Science. I only hold a minor degree in Military Science, and a bachelor degree in Physics. I highly respect anything Hertling has to says. This thread by Hertling is as far as I'm concerned is the gold standard on the topic of Russia's hapless mobilization:

If you don't read anything else, read this. Hertling knows what he's talking about. He's the expert on Twitter.

It's been too long. I'll have to go back and read Clausewitz again. I don't really remember anything, but at least can say I made it thru. Sun Tzu and Machiavelli I couldn't.

Machiavelli seems more relevant than in my high school days given the type of world and even local leaders we are seeing.

This is the list of the other people on Twitter I also find credible:

I like and respect Hertling, he has great insight. But, I also want to see what the person on the ground is seeing. Those Tweets about traffic backed up on the Finnish and Turkish borders is backed up by news sources like CNN. And we aren't going to get a credible news crew on the ground in Moscow to show us what is happening, so we have to go with the eyewitness reports there. Ironically, the only tweets/reports I take with a grain of salt are the ones from the official Ukrainian Government. Those are probably a little skewed and purposefully misleading because you-know-who is monitoring everything coming out of Ukraine.

Last night was interesting… I made a dash from my apartment complex to the gym (it’s about a 7 min walk, past Park Pobedy and the Tank Museum. This area is usually teeming with people but at 9 pm, very few were out. No children and just a few couples.

The gym was deserted! I was the only person there. At this time of night, generally there would be at least 10-12 people working out.

On the way home, there were only girls out and about. Not a young man in site. They are definitely hiding out and afraid to go out in public. The fear of immediate conscription is palpable.

Attachments

• 4F60EA1D-2E1B-49A2-AE8F-5E4E53A83FB0.jpeg
    4F60EA1D-2E1B-49A2-AE8F-5E4E53A83FB0.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 13
  • FB764E05-B378-401A-B60F-45D5BB71CE0E.jpeg
    FB764E05-B378-401A-B60F-45D5BB71CE0E.jpeg
    475.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 3127AE1A-1455-433C-8BB7-E2C7DE2D29BE.jpeg
    3127AE1A-1455-433C-8BB7-E2C7DE2D29BE.jpeg
    436.6 KB · Views: 13
Last night was interesting… I made a dash from my apartment complex to the gym (it’s about a 7 min walk, past Park Pobedy and the Tank Museum. This area is usually teeming with people but at 9 pm, very few were out. No children and just a few couples.

The gym was deserted! I was the only person there. At this time of night, generally there would be at least 10-12 people working out.

On the way home, there were only girls out and about. Not a young man in site. They are definitely hiding out and afraid to go out in public. The fear of immediate conscription is palpable.
You single?

(Ees leetle jok)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom