Ukraine (5 Viewers)

I've mentioned before that at one time the south of Ukraine was a Viking colony. Many of the Ukrainians are descendant from those Vikings. Some of their relatives from the far North are helping them now:

Skål!

I failed philosophy 101, literally. But I didn't go to class.

I don't know if the west should stay out of it, but I do think the west should be more self-aware, recognizing their role in the origin of it, which is significant. A bit of wisdom, taking a larger body of history into account, shows the US shares blame.

I would only hope that people take a comprehensive view of this crisis and other worldwide crises, which have commonly developed under a heavy US influence.

Maybe I tend to place too much blame on US policy, and that's a reaction to being a US citizen who thinks I should say something about the truth, and it's also a result of my personal feelings about people who see this conflict as almost solely the fault of Putin.
It is.

Ok, I get it. Are you willing to explore US modern atrocities or not? I don't know how to understand Putin's atrocities without understanding my own governments atrocities first. How do you order your distaste for attrocities?
Yeah we've committed attrocities. Still are, somewhere, I'm sure. There are a lot of things we don't about and some that we do. We've backed them (Putin's regime) into a corner and this is them trying to escape. But the reason we've done it because the USSR and The Russian Federation have been brutal and aggressive. They occupied and repressed Poland, Czechoslovakia, East Germany and half a dozen other counties and the only thing that stopped them was the US. We did/do a lot of bad sheet but we also rebuilt western Europe and Japan and made it possible for them to survive as Democracies. NATO only represents a threat to Russia if Russia won't agree to peacefully coexist with

Korea and Viet Nam were clusterforks and there were no shortages crimes against humanity, but it was another step reeling in the Soviet Union. We've been fighting them since the 40s and with, at times, questionable motives and actions but the bigger picture is that it's been a necessary battle. We've built a strong, if loosely woven, network of like minded allies across the world largely because of Russia's belligerence and we've squeezed it down into fading backwater. If that what you mean when you say it's partly our fault then I agree.

The big problem is that unless we give him a free hand to bully and murder anyone who doesn't bend the knee, Putin can destroy civilization as we know it and half the population of the planet.

Ukraine said it had damaged a Russian navy logistics ship near Snake Island, a small but strategic outpost in the Black Sea.
Renewed fighting around Snake Island in recent days may become a battle for control of the western Black Sea coast, according to some defence officials, as Russian forces battled to make headway in Ukraine’s north and east.
“Thanks to the actions of our naval seamen, the support vessel Vsevolod Bobrov caught fire – it is one of the newest in the Russian fleet,” said Serhiy Bratchuk, a spokesman for the Odesa regional military administration.

Saw yesterday #UkraineWeaponstracker the RF lost over 80 vehicles (tanks, apc,bpc, trucks etc).

So I was curious and looked up what a RF BTG (battalion tactical group ) would consist of. 1-2k troops, 10 tanks and 40 armored vehicles.

If the number 80 or so is right, that 2 BTGs effectively removed from battlefield.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom