Ukraine (11 Viewers)

I wonder if China would make a move on Vladivostok. It seems like a couple years ago they said it was theirs historically.
Im sure some Vladivostok sepratists are gearing up in Heilongjiang.

Most of eastern Russia is used by Moscow as a source of labor, resources, and cannon fodder. The ethno-nationalist sentiment Putin has stirred up over the years leaves the people living there as second class citizens at best.

Just really have come to hate to orcs.

If that caption is to be believed that happened ten miles into Russia. That would be Ukrainians shelling that village from across the border.

That would also indicate that Ukrainian forces have taken back a lot more territory north of Kharkiv than most of the mapper folks have been indicating.

If that caption is to be believed that happened ten miles into Russia. That would be Ukrainians shelling that village from across the border.

That would also indicate that Ukrainian forces have taken back a lot more territory north of Kharkiv than most of the mapper folks have been indicating.
Exactly what he shows on this map, UKR is making some big inroads....

Exactly what he shows on this map, UKR is making some big inroads....

The guy says he doesn't know why they would shell a village across the border like that. I can see a reason why. The reason would be to prevent the Russian army from pulling troops out of that area and moving them into the Donbas area.

What I noticed in the two seconds before the girl stopped filming and started running to find mommy was that it was a tight pattern that indicates that the shots were well aimed, and aimed to hit an empty field and cause much concern, but not to damage villager houses, or to kill. The shell size was very small. Surprisingly small for a modern conflict.

I did some looking up and found that there are some old small D-44 85 mm guns in that area. The Ukrainians would have captured some of them from the Donbas separatists over the years because they are the old guns from storage that the Russians have been giving them since 2014.

They would just barely have the range to reach that village from the border, and only if they were placed right on the border. The small explosions I saw would be consistent with that approximately 3 inch size shell. Those were not shells from our big M777 155 mm (6 inch) guns, the 155 shells they use carry about four times that amount of explosive in the shell, and would have more than twice the range.

I would think that was a "shot over the bow" demonstration to the Russian using their own guns back at them to force them to keep those retreating troops there to defend their border, and not send them to the southeast where the Russians are being hard pressed to make headway. To send them where the Russians lost so many attempting that river crossing yesterday.

The Russians know that the Ukrainians have M777 155 mm guns in that area, if the Russians leave that border area undefended the Ukrainians could easily could set their big guns on the border and reach all the way into Belgorod which is a major logistical supply point for the Russians. With the rocket assist shells they have they could even reach beyond Belgorod.

Oh.

I'm an eye for an eye kinda person so in my opinion their shots were off target

I thought it was done in a way that was civil enough.

What I thought happened was the Ukrainians were demonstrating to the Russian government about what they could do.

I thought those shells were small ones that were carefully aimed to land in an open field intended to scare villagers, not to harm them.

The goal being to have them in turn worry their government about it, to tie up troops an equipment outside of the Ukraine guarding Russia's borders.

What the fork!

Seriously, if you were a Russian soldier/pilot, being handed you father/grandfathers equipment or field rations... would dessertion or insurrection enter your mind?

On another note, having such bad navigation equipment is alarming. A Russian pilot could end up over NATO airspace and start something very ugly.
Nothing wrong with using a GPS unit since they likely have Glonas in the IP

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom