Ukraine (13 Viewers)

A very interesting look inside a Russian Mega mall in Moscow 3 months after sanctions. Burger King, Subway, etc. still operating, Gap open, etc. And it surprised me how many stores, even Russian brand stores, have their names in english on front.

That guy uis a spitting image for Robbie Coltrane the actor who played Valentin Zhukovsky, a minor character in GoldenEye

1652983116275.jpeg

I really don't see the point of vapid tweets like this...other than virtue signaling. It's an incredibly simplistic viewpoint (as are most single tweets on matters of geopolitical importance).

Ukraine's valiant defense of its country does not change the plain fact that Ukraine simply did not (yet) meet the conditions for admission into NATO.

On the flip side, I don't recall broad popular uproar from "personalities" at the time of the admission of Turkey or Hungary into NATO (although certainly there was justified skepticism about Turkey from political and academic circles). And, in the case of Hungary, democracy is just that -- Orban was fairly (albeit, sadly) elected.

What would the U.S. response be if a proposal were to be made that NATO rules be changed such that the U.S. did not have a veto? Play those potential scenarios twenty years into the future.

I'm certainly not defending Orban or Erdogan but these simplistic, arrogant and moralistic Twitter posts, absent any practical consideration of broader effect, drive me absolutely crazy.

Well, against all good sense and advice, I’m off to the Evil Empire tomorrow evening. Flying from Houston to Moscow via Istanbul. Train to Belgorod with arrival Sunday afternoon.

I requested an apartment on the east-facing side of the building…I’ll let you guess why!

Here’s a nice pic of Uncle Vlad from the Russian consulate. Had to take it surreptitiously, so please excuse the angle. It is one of those creepy pictures where it looks like his eyes are staring at you regardless of where you are in the room. Hopefully, there will be a new portrait on the wall soon.

Attachments

• 9AEAF8F6-3868-43A4-B01F-538DBF029FE1.jpeg
    9AEAF8F6-3868-43A4-B01F-538DBF029FE1.jpeg
    599.5 KB · Views: 12
Well, against all good sense and advice, I’m off to the Evil Empire tomorrow evening. Flying from Houston to Moscow via Istanbul. Train to Belgorod with arrival Sunday afternoon.

I requested an apartment on the east-facing side of the building…I’ll let you guess why!

Here’s a nice pic of Uncle Vlad from the Russian consulate. Had to take it surreptitiously, so please excuse the angle. It is one of those creepy pictures where it looks like his eyes are staring at you regardless of where you are in the room. Hopefully, there will be a new portrait on the wall soon.
Wow, good luck and safe travels.

Best of luck man. I couldn't do it.

Sounds like you had the same reaction as most Russians

Did they at least splurge and get you business class seats for the Houston to Istanbul leg? Gotta be what 11 hr flight time?

Sr.com finna have a " man on the ground" when it comes to happenings in Belgorod!!! That's pimp

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom