ULL v Tulane (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, I dont follow either team, but we are at universal. ULL's football team is at our hotel. Saw a lot of players (Tulane too) at Universal studios today.

Must be their fun day

Congrats Green Wave
Did I hear correctly - that was only the 5th bowl win ever? That can’t be right

Tangentially one of the coldest I’ve ever been was sitting at the top row of the Liberty Bowl for Tulane v Penn State - sometime in the 70s

Roll wave! Great win today, Fritz has the program moving in the right direction.

This program has some juice at the moment. Fun to watch, even with their inconsistency.

DugYAe5U0AAE0r1.jpg

It was a great in for Tulane. Tulane should be the 2nd best team in the state. Shouldn't even be a question. The problem, as I see it, is Tulane needs to continue to invest in athletics. It brings tremendous value. Second, Tulane needs to not fall in the same trap as it has in the past. Somebody's gonna come calling for Willie Fritz soon. It is likely he will be gone. Tulane is not a destination job. So, instead of looking for a guy who will want to stay at Tulane, honestly, we really don't want a guy who's only ambition is to coach Tulane, we need to go find the next young hot shot. Rinse and repeat. Successful mid majors do this. Tulane should too

It was a great in for Tulane. Tulane should be the 2nd best team in the state. Shouldn't even be a question. The problem, as I see it, is Tulane needs to continue to invest in athletics. It brings tremendous value. Second, Tulane needs to not fall in the same trap as it has in the past. Somebody's gonna come calling for Willie Fritz soon. It is likely he will be gone. Tulane is not a destination job. So, instead of looking for a guy who will want to stay at Tulane, honestly, we really don't want a guy who's only ambition is to coach Tulane, we need to go find the next young hot shot. Rinse and repeat. Successful mid majors do this. Tulane should too

You're not necessarily wrong about that, but at the same time, some guys just end up where they are best suited. Tulane already extended Fritz even after two losing (but improving) seasons back in May. https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orl...cle_2ce10166-5df7-11e8-b6a1-27ed587101db.html

So they do have desire to keep him. And while Fritz may indeed draw interest, he'll be almost 60 next year. So he may not be very high on anyone's must have list anytime soon. Might someone like a low level P5 school come calling? You bet. But that's not a sure thing at all. And if he's just getting offers from the likes of non-P5 schools, then he may be inclined to stay.

USL/ULL shouldn't even have gone to a bowl. In all honesty, their athletic program has been and is a joke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom