Ultra-confident rookie WR Tre'Quan Smith striving to impress at training camp (1 Viewer)

snews.gif

By Seth Dunlop | WWL.com

The Saints prioritized adding more weapons this offseason for their usually potent passing attack. They signed wide out Cameron Meredith and sure-handed tight end Ben Watson in free agency, but it's rookie third round draft pick Tre'Quan Smith that may prove to be their most important addition.

Smith has stood out during the first week of training camp, consistently hauling in highlight-reel catches from Drew Brees and the team's quarterbacks. While he has impressed the gaggle of media onlookers, there's one person that expected Smith to be the camp's breakout start -- himself.

"Actually I'm just out here trying to impress everybody else," he quipped when asked if he was surprised about his play. "Doing the things I do that people have seen so far, that's kind of normal for me but other people haven't seen it yet. My (expectation) for other people is just to impress them, because I know what I can do and I believe in myself."

Full Story – WWL.Com

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
      Top Bottom