Ummm... What just happened? (1 Viewer)

Not sure why this hasn't picked up attention yet. This is arguably the biggest hire in the athletic department since Nick Saban. Woodward is the guy who pulled Chris Petersen out of Boise State, Jimbo out of FSU, Buzz Williams from an Elite Eight Va Tech team. He's a guy with deep athletic and political roots in Louisiana, growing up in BR and at LSU. Despite leaving the state over a decade ago with Emmert, he still returns to his apartment in the FQ or his camp in the bayou every year. Last year while at TAMU, he bought a membership at the BR country club.

By every standard I can think of, this may be the best thing to happen to LSU since purple & gold was chosen as the school colors.
I can't wait to see how this transition turns out in the years to come. :9:

What are the odds that Woodward fires Wade to clear out the stink?

If he is any kind of aware oh how Tigers fans felt able it Wade and Alleva situation, he’d leave it alone. Besides, Wade doesn’t have to testify to the FBI so just let it be.

If he is any kind of aware oh how Tigers fans felt able it Wade and Alleva situation, he’d leave it alone. Besides, Wade doesn’t have to testify to the FBI so just let it be.
If Woodward makes the decision to move on, I trust him to find a replacement equal to Wade.

What are the odds that Woodward fires Wade to clear out the stink?

Or when he does, is overruled by F King or the BOS for his first "Welcome to the way we do things here at LSU" moment.

The press conference for Woody was well attended today. All coaches were present along with the Board of Supervisors, Skip Bertman, etc. Not present was the Assistant to the President for Donor Relations. He was working on a special project.

Nothing i going to happen to Will Wade. He will be LSU's coach next season. There will be no NCAA investigation either. Scott Woodard used to work for Mark Emmert when he was at LSU, and also Woodard's step son is married to Emmert's daughter.

Nothing i going to happen to Will Wade. He will be LSU's coach next season. There will be no NCAA investigation either. Scott Woodard used to work for Mark Emmert when he was at LSU, and also Woodard's step son is married to Emmert's daughter.
Regardless of those connections, I am positive that nothing happens to Wade. The potential for blow-back to the NCAA is simply too great to risk it.

Regardless of those connections, I am positive that nothing happens to Wade. The potential for blow-back to the NCAA is simply too great to risk it.
If this^ ends up being true, I can't help but to be miffed at the way things went down prior to & during the NCAA tournament. It's not that I think LSU was destined for the Final Four, but it's hard to imagine that the way the situation was handled didn't have a negative effect on the team. And seeing Auburn get to Minnesota didn't make it any less frustrating to contemplate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom