Unbelieveable: Sylvester Stallone wants to remake "Death Wish" (1 Viewer)

SeminoleMarine

Rebel Alliance
Reaction score
Why not? Seems as though Hollywood has run out of original ideas anyway. Just about every movie released in the last 5 years has been a remake (or sequel) of something.

If the Honeymooners can be remade with a "different perspective", why not Death Wish?

Sabine

Thicketeer - Bottomite
Reaction score
Oh, I loved Charles Bronson movies as a kid. But, let's face it - the guy was not a great actor. There's a reason he played the strong silent type.

I think Stallone can do something with this movie. I hope he's thinking of redoing Chato's Land too, cuz I wouldn't mind seeing him in a loin cloth - again. :mwink:

Shockmo

Shocking....isn't it?
Reaction score
Oh, I loved Charles Bronson movies as a kid. But, let's face it - the guy was not a great actor. There's a reason he played the strong silent type.

I think Stallone can do something with this movie. I hope he's thinking of redoing Chato's Land too, cuz I wouldn't mind seeing him in a loin cloth - again. :mwink:

So you're saying Stallone >> Bronson as an actor? YO !!!

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bronson has to be one of the least versitile actors out there, but he had a lot of fans because of the way he acted.

Last edited:

DadsDream

We Wuz Robbed!
Reaction score
I really hope they update the cars and stuff. The ones they used were hokey even back then.

Wait...oh...you said Death Wish...not Death Race 2000...Bronson, not Carradine and Stallone. :covri:

Sabine

Thicketeer - Bottomite
Reaction score
Bronson has to be one of the least versatile actors out there, but he had a lot of fans because of the way he acted.
I think most were really fans of the types of movies he played in. I grew up thinking he was fantastic! Then, I rented a couple of his old movies and caught some more on TV, and well ......... I'm not looking through the same infatuated eyes so it's a little hard to watch.

rob021275

Reaction score
If you think Bronson's "vigilante" persona was popular 25-30 years ago, a remake is a "can't miss". The problem/anger about violent criminals on the loose is more relevant than ever today.

Of course, Stallone was already "the cure" for disease of crime in "Cobra" -- and that wasn't exactly stellar cinema.

Saint77

Burrrrrrrsitis!
Reaction score
I really hope they update the cars and stuff. The ones they used were hokey even back then.

Wait...oh...you said Death Wish...not Death Race 2000...Bronson, not Carradine and Stallone. :covri:
That movie was on just the other night, I watched about 20-30 minutes of it. Quite possibly one if THE worst movies I have ever seen, ever. :hihi:

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
:smilielol:

This thread has me thinking about how actors like Stallone, Van Damme, Seagal, and the governer of California, made tons of action flicks that I thought were great as a kid, but as an adult, many of them are absolutely horrible. However, I still watch them for the sentimenal value - Stallone in "Cobra" for example. :covri: I still dig the scene where he turned the car backwards, drove in reverse, all while shooting up the bad dudes. For a young teenager, that was pretty bad***.

Sabine

Thicketeer - Bottomite
Reaction score
Yes, you should see Get Carter and Copland, he did some pretty decent acting in both of those. I'm a pretty harsh critic, and I think he's talented when given a decent script.
Copland was what I thought about too, but even some of the early stuff showed talent like the first two Rocky movies. There was enough dialog in those two to trip Charles Bronson up. :hihi:

TPS

Reaction score
>>Yes.

:nono: Stallone is probably the worst actor I've ever seen, and I've boycotted the Rocky and Rambo movies since I was a youth. I don't care what anyone thinks of Bronson. I got to watch about 15 minutes of Death Wish tonight on AMC and almost blew off working out to watch the rest of it. Again.

vigilanTePS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints RSS News Feeds 0