Unbelieveable: Sylvester Stallone wants to remake "Death Wish" (1 Viewer)

Why not? Seems as though Hollywood has run out of original ideas anyway. Just about every movie released in the last 5 years has been a remake (or sequel) of something.

If the Honeymooners can be remade with a "different perspective", why not Death Wish?

Oh, I loved Charles Bronson movies as a kid. But, let's face it - the guy was not a great actor. There's a reason he played the strong silent type.

I think Stallone can do something with this movie. I hope he's thinking of redoing Chato's Land too, cuz I wouldn't mind seeing him in a loin cloth - again. :mwink:

234542.1010.A.jpg

Oh, I loved Charles Bronson movies as a kid. But, let's face it - the guy was not a great actor. There's a reason he played the strong silent type.

I think Stallone can do something with this movie. I hope he's thinking of redoing Chato's Land too, cuz I wouldn't mind seeing him in a loin cloth - again. :mwink:

234542.1010.A.jpg

So you're saying Stallone >> Bronson as an actor? YO !!!

Bronson has to be one of the least versitile actors out there, but he had a lot of fans because of the way he acted.

Last edited:
I really hope they update the cars and stuff. The ones they used were hokey even back then.

Wait...oh...you said Death Wish...not Death Race 2000...Bronson, not Carradine and Stallone. :covri:

Bronson has to be one of the least versatile actors out there, but he had a lot of fans because of the way he acted.
I think most were really fans of the types of movies he played in. I grew up thinking he was fantastic! Then, I rented a couple of his old movies and caught some more on TV, and well ......... I'm not looking through the same infatuated eyes so it's a little hard to watch.

If you think Bronson's "vigilante" persona was popular 25-30 years ago, a remake is a "can't miss". The problem/anger about violent criminals on the loose is more relevant than ever today.

Of course, Stallone was already "the cure" for disease of crime in "Cobra" -- and that wasn't exactly stellar cinema.

I really hope they update the cars and stuff. The ones they used were hokey even back then.

Wait...oh...you said Death Wish...not Death Race 2000...Bronson, not Carradine and Stallone. :covri:

That movie was on just the other night, I watched about 20-30 minutes of it. Quite possibly one if THE worst movies I have ever seen, ever. :hihi:

:smilielol:

This thread has me thinking about how actors like Stallone, Van Damme, Seagal, and the governer of California, made tons of action flicks that I thought were great as a kid, but as an adult, many of them are absolutely horrible. However, I still watch them for the sentimenal value - Stallone in "Cobra" for example. :covri: I still dig the scene where he turned the car backwards, drove in reverse, all while shooting up the bad dudes. For a young teenager, that was pretty bad***.

If you think Bronson's "vigilante" persona was popular 25-30 years ago, a remake is a "can't miss". The problem/anger about violent criminals on the loose is more relevant than ever today.
Maybe they should use New Orleans as the city in the plotline.

So you're saying Stallone >> Bronson as an actor? YO !!!

Yes, you should see Get Carter and Copland, he did some pretty decent acting in both of those. I'm a pretty harsh critic, and I think he's talented when given a decent script.

Yes, you should see Get Carter and Copland, he did some pretty decent acting in both of those. I'm a pretty harsh critic, and I think he's talented when given a decent script.

Copland was what I thought about too, but even some of the early stuff showed talent like the first two Rocky movies. There was enough dialog in those two to trip Charles Bronson up. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom