Uncharted (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
do these games get any better? I picked up the trilogy for ps4 b/c I never played them. I played abut an hour of the first and chunked it on the side. I never got to anything like stealth, skill needed, etc... Just a bunch of Lora Bancroft type puzzle and stumble on crap. Unfair?

You have to remember that the original Uncharted was released 11 years ago. That might as well be 100 years in video games.

They are purely action games with decent stories and characters. Uncharted 2 is probably the best one with 4 being a close second.

The first didn’t hold up well in the remaster but 2 and 3 held uo pretty well. I’d skip 1 completely unless you want to follow the story. You can probably find a cliff’s notes somewhere online

The first one was pretty bad. It was very repetitive. I never finished it.

Everything from 2 on is worth playing.

buzd is right. The first one was very repetitive but the rest got much better. That being said, you won't really find any stealth in the Uncharted games (which I think is a great thing). It's really just a third person shooter with some climbing, puzzles, and a fun story. I think was basically designed to be a Indiana Jones game without having to pay for the rights to use the name. So, it's at about the same depth and an Indiana Jones movie. It's fun but it breaks down if you put too much thought into it.

#2 made me laugh more than a video of Widge being punched in the balls over and over again for hours (which doesn't exist but MAN do I want it to)

Agreed with everyone here. The first one was fine, but it shows its age all over the place. And if you consider that 2 and 3 were released on the same system as 1, it's worth playing for the achievement in game development alone. I'm glad you posted this. It's time that I replay one of them, probably 4.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom