Unconfirmed College Football Rumur. (1 Viewer)

RebSaint

Lint smoker
Reaction score
I posted this here to get some visibility.

A buddy of mine, a close follower of UA football, has told me that Steve Spurrier will be announced new UA head football coach on Monday after SC gets its bowl bid.

7 years, 30Million dollar contract, and nearly complete control of the program.

Anybody else in North Alabama or followers of SEC football get wind of this report?

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
The talking heads on ESPN mentioned Spurrier as Alabama's dream candidate for the job, but they quickly discounted the idea and said Alabama has no chance of getting him.

DadsDream

Reaction score
November 27, 2006
Spurrier: No interest in Alabama job

"I have no intention of leaving South Carolina," Spurrier said Monday in a written release. "It's always flattering when a South Carolina coach is rumored for these big time programs. This one will die down in two or three days, too."

http://www.fanblogs.com/alabama/006792.php

DadsDream

Reaction score
Meanwhile, newspapers in Alabama are buzzing:

Newspapers: Bama seeks talk with Spurrier about head coaching job
The Associated Press
November 30. 2006 10:02AM

At least three Alabama newspapers report today that University of Alabama officials have asked for permission to talk to South Carolina football coach Steve Spurrier about the school's vacant head coaching job. But a fourth says he has told people close to him that he will not be leaving South Carolina.

Articles by the Press-Register, The Huntsville Times and The Tuscaloosa News...

READ MORE
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061130/APS/611301836

ROUSTER

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Yes, and Saban wasn't leaving LSU either. Until he left of course.
I've heard the same rumors. Money talks, so don't be suprised when Spurrier is announced as Bama's new coach at about 4-5 mil a year.

DadsDream

Reaction score
South Carolina papers say the Gamecocks are going to up the ante to keep Spurrier. Clearly now, they are worried.

Posted on Thu, Nov. 30, 2006
USC, Spurrier discuss new contract
As Alabama rumors persist, officials want to give the Ball Coach a raise

Amid reports that USC coach Steve Spurrier is one of the top candidates for the Alabama job, USC officials are in negotiations with Spurrier to offer him a more lucrative contract, multiple sources confirmed for The State on Wednesday.

READ MORE
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/sports/colleges/16126852.htm

Yeti

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
If that was me, I'd coach Alabama too. I don't think that SC has any chance of every contending in the SEC no matter who the coach is.

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I'd love it.
Talk about ratcheting up that old Bama-UT rivalry.

ITS ON!!!

TPS

Reaction score
Jack Del Rio reportedly has no interest in the job, and allegedly, Bill Cowher doensn't want to go to NC State either.

:shrug:

TPS

TPS

Reaction score
>>I'd love it. Talk about ratcheting up that old Bama-UT rivalry

:shrug:

What? Are you battling it out for the Weedeater bowl or something? Everyone knows why they have a "T" in CiTrus (bowl).

TPS

sainTS

Reaction score
Spurrier is close to resigning a beefed up 5 year contract with South Carolina, which will be announced in the next couple of days. The Alabama talk is just that. Alabama is going to get alot of coaches raises before its all over. South Carolina is his golden parachute.

hardhead233

In Bresus we trust
Reaction score
Yes, and Saban wasn't leaving LSU either. Until he left of course.
I've heard the same rumors. Money talks, so don't be suprised when Spurrier is announced as Bama's new coach at about 4-5 mil a year.
Agreed every coach always says the same thing that "they're staying where they are" "they're not leaving" blah blah.......Throw enough money at them with certain perks, they'll change that real quick....

I can't believe they're getting Spurrier I was always under the impression that him and Fulmer where the one's that ratted them out??

Goats

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
There are better golf courses around SC than around Tuscaloosa. When it comes to Spurrier, Golf can be more enticing than higher pay.

Sandman

Trustworthy
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed every coach always says the same thing that "they're staying where they are" "they're not leaving" blah blah.......Throw enough money at them with certain perks, they'll change that real quick....
The same could be said of all of us. If someone called me up and offered me a bunch more money and perks, I would leave a vortex in my wake as I left.

I don't think Spurrier is going to Bama. I mentioned this to a Bama fan and she threw up a little in her mouth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints sign college teammates Anthony Zettel, Grant Haley to the practice squad Saints RSS News Feeds 0
WATCH: Week 2 preview video, Saints and Raiders on Monday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints social media reactions to Joe Burrow’s Thursday Night Football debut Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bengals vs. Browns: Thursday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
woohoosaint Roddy White gets consideration for Pro Football HoF...but Colston doesn't Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 47
El Caliente N/S Pro Football Hall of Fame First Year Nominees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 24
Social media reactions to Monday Night Football snoozefest Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Titans vs. Broncos: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Steelers vs. Giants: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Making sense of pandemic football policies in New Orleans while applying common sense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Twitter reactions to Chiefs dominating win on Thursday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Cincy Saint Football Outsiders predict Saints-Chiefs Super Bowl Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Consiglieri Football season: chance of happening is approaching 100% Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 11
superchuck500 It's going to be sloppy - just chill and be happy we have football Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
RedJem We made it... Football is back!! Season opener / Saints updates 9-10-20 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
El Caliente Happy 1st Day of NFL Football Everyone Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Andrus Saints Forecast: I really need Saints football SR News Page Articles 0