(Unconfirmed rumor) Jerry Jones interviews Payton for Cowboys GM (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Guys please do not shoot the messenger, but my buddy is in Dallas for the Super Bowl being dragged by his Steeler wife (for another time). He sent me a text that the local news is reporting that Jerrah is wanting to interview Sean Payton for the Cowboys GM. I have no idea if this is true or not cause I haven't seen any other posts about this. Can anyone confirm or deny this information, especially if you happen to be in Dallas???

Payton is under contract. In order for Jones to do this he needs formal permission from the New Orleans Saints. That would be leaked.

We also know that Tom Benson treasures loyalty. And considering the kind of man he is, I sincerly doubt Sean Payton will permit himself to do something like this.

This is not the way Jones runs the show. He wants the final say.

I think your friend is pulling your buttons.

I allow the thread for a short while, but will be closed if there is not something that may confirm something is going on...

This is not the way Jones runs the show. I allow the thread for a while, but will be closed if there is not something that may confirm something is going on...

Yeah I don't believe it either, which is why I have some strong doubts. And considering that SR is usually good about these rumors, I decided to post something.

Jerry will never pay someone to do what he thinks he is the greatest in the world at doing...recognizing talent. He wouldn't let Sean or anyone GM for free. That team is his hobby. It would be like you paying someone to finish your jigsaw puzzle for you or play your guitar for you.

I don't see SP being interested in a GM position. He wants to be on the field.

Yeah I don't believe it either, which is why I have some strong doubts. And considering that SR is usually good about these rumors, I decided to post something.

Thank you for posting, it is good for our members to contribute in any way possible. But this seems kind of bogus,

As an OP, I hope you don't mind that I am closing the thread, but with the promise that if we find something that indicates something is happening, I will open it again immediatelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom