Under the Radar Players (1 Viewer)

RJ - Good stuff as always. Thx

I tend to see the McCoy pick as a systemic strategic piece of a Sean Payton led team going forward, especially with the sunset of Brees a sooner than later reality. SP seems to know that teams who make the playoffs nearly every year and make deep runs have powerful, dominant O-lines. I believe we will always see SP making moves nearly every year to continue to have more powerful O-lines. McCoy sure fits that mold hopefully for 5-10 years. Eaton just seems like insurance and if he can be a pretty serviceable guard, he with the other young backups, Clapp and Tom, could make Peat tradeable. Peat was terrible in the playoffs and almost cost us the Eagles game. One of his penalties and it was completely unnecessary resulted in a long TD being called back.

I think that Peat has talent but doesn't have the football acumen to be a dominating player besides on sheer strength. While I don't want to trade him because he would make a great backup, his 5th year numbers are high. If McCoy takes the starting center position in camp then you can move Nick Easton to guard and trade Peat, if possible, or sign him to a lower team friendly contract.

I like alot of the aforementioned players, so I’ll go “outta the box”’ n say Rishard Matthews.

After MT n Ginn, the WR position is pretty wide open, with lots of talented, but mostly young players competing for a spots. Matthews isn’t the biggest or fastest, but has the most NFL experience n production of the bunch. If he uses those strengths to his advantage, he could very well land a spot on the 53.

We’ll see.

I'm rolling with Kirkwood. Not only will this be his 2nd year in the system, he is also the best at recording victory celebrations in the locker room.

I heard lots of good stuff about Lil'Jordan Humphrey. With his size, even though he's not a burner, he'll be tough for corners to get the jump on.

And even without blazing speed, he still returned some kicks at Texas. That means he has really good field vision. Kind of like when we'd have Pierre Thomas return kickoffs. Dude wasn't a speedster but sure could seem to get the ball past the 30 whenever he'd return a kickoff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom