Under The Table? (1 Viewer)

rhemstad24

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Do you think nfl clubs pay some of these players under the table? I believe there has to be some of this secretely going on. No examples just wanna hear some of yalls thoughts!

No

Yes I think that when it is reported than an older veteran/team leader has agreed to restructure his contract and take a "pay cut" to stay with the team that a bag full of money magically appears in the trunk of his car or on his doorstep at a pre determined time on a pre determined date :mwink:

My gut tells me that it isn't common practice because some angry player would out a club somewhere along the line.

But my common sense tells me it has to happen with a small percentage.

Take Tom Brady. I have a hard time believing he took an actual pay cut.

He and the owner are super tight and I'm thinking there may have been something on the low low there. I believe Kraft trusts him implicantly.

My gut tells me that it isn't common practice because some angry player would out a club somewhere along the line.

Good point. But I hear that such outing by disgruntled former employees happens from time to time.

I've heard of "gift bags" being handed over to new contracts -- contents undisclosed.

I assume that it has happened, but I do not expect it to be prevalent.

Do you think nfl clubs pay some of these players under the table? I believe there has to be some of this secretely going on. No examples just wanna hear some of yalls thoughts!

It doesn't happen, not saying there hasn't been cases way back in NFL history but as of today, no it doesn't. It couldn't, too much turnover in the NFL from office on down and the kind of money that would make an actual difference to today's player couldn't be given and not noticed. It would take a tremendous amount of effort to cover their tracks and it would hardly be worth ruining several peoples lives if they got caught.

It would be a criminal act that could involve serious jail time and fines plus none of them would ever work in the NFL again! No player, GM, or owner in today's nfl would take that risk, not for a team full of HOF'ers!

It doesn't happen, not saying there hasn't been cases way back in NFL history but as of today, no it doesn't. It couldn't, too much turnover in the NFL from office on down and the kind of money that would make an actual difference to today's player couldn't be given and not noticed. It would take a tremendous amount of effort to cover their tracks and it would hardly be worth ruining several peoples lives if they got caught.

It would be a criminal act that could involve serious jail time and fines plus none of them would ever work in the NFL again! No player, GM, or owner in today's nfl would take that risk, not for a team full of HOF'ers!

You and I know different people...and my people dont have near NFL owner money.

It'd be easy to find an undocumented million in a safe deposit box. However, because of the high turnover, youd wanna make sure it was a player like Tom Brady or Ray Lewis.

Besides any tax evasion issues, why would it be criminal?

Uh no that would NEVER EVER happen in the NFL. Cause you know the NFL is totally honest, where nothing like that would ever happen.

I don't think so. That would bring HUGE penalties to a franchise and with all these pre-madonna's in the NFL today we already would have heard of several circumstances.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom