Underhill digging at Swimmer and CP on Twitter (3 Viewers)

Slaw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree, its not like Swimmer claims to be a legitimate news source, its a message board with people throwing around ideas and banter. We are not nor should we be held to the same standard of sources and whatnot, unless you are claiming to be a legitimate news source.
Why not? That's the standard I hold would hold anyone to. When presenting information as factual, it should be factual. In this situation, someone is in the wrong. It seems either Pete or his "source".

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Why not? That's the standard I hold would hold anyone to. When presenting information as factual, it should be factual. In this situation, someone is in the wrong. It seems either Pete or his "source".
What rumors are ever factual though? That's why they're rumors. Who knows how many people have relayed the information before it even gets to Coach Pete - much less Swimmer - and it could end up being like the telephone game where the original message is a simple 5 word sentence but by the time it gets to the last person, it's three paragraphs that only mention a version of the original 5 word sentence?

Slaw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What rumors are ever factual though? That's why they're rumors. Who knows how many people have relayed the information before it even gets to Coach Pete - much less Swimmer - and it could end up being like the telephone game where the original message is a simple 5 word sentence but by the time it gets to the last person, it's three paragraphs that only mention a version of the original 5 word sentence?
Anything is possible, but someone is in the wrong. Can't place the blame anywhere. Now if the info keeps turning out to be false, at some point I'm blaming everyone who continues to relay it. But we'll see.

Reaction score
There's quite a bit of subjectivity in the word "actual." Underhill has always been a Saints front office puppet. He was pretty spineless when affiliated with the Saints. He gets a new job and now retrospectively comments on other's opinion. He never provided any inside information of any value at all...so who's to say that he is even in the know about anything? I mean...would Adam Schefter be here to dispute a Saints rumor?
Maybe someone should invite schefter in😂... but rapoport seems to have more of an in with saints organization than schefter imo

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously did we really believe that there was somebody that had inside information five weeks before the draft?

If so, then our GM should be fired.

Common Sense people.
Nope, but there's a long Burrow thread that people keep posting on. Sometimes a lie (or shall I say story) is more intersting than the truth. Coach Pete and Lawn guy Dave ain't never hurt nobody (except Dave, he drinks too much and gets locked up:loopy:).

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Got back from the gym. Said he respects Underhill, but he is absolutely, 100% wrong. I gotta do some work. As soon as I get a break, I'll post his response.

Just to understand something. So a former reporter, who SP and the Saints try to keep all (reporters) at a distance, to whom nearly all major serious communication is 100% scripted through the team's Corporate Communication office so the only thing the reporters get is only what the teams want them to get, and the reporter takes a position and that is now considered fact?? Seriously? That is no evidence from Underhill. That is solely 100% opinion, not fact.

So it seems to me that the people who swarmed to the Underhill post claiming it is indisputable truth and what coach Pete says was false, especially on a very minor process of the Davenport acquisition, are doing this in pure blindness. Why. It seems to me that a small group of people desperately want to prove Pete wrong.

RedJem

Official SR Twitter Team
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He wasnt the first to have incorrect inside info and he wont be the last.
That's correct but also remember that some of us actually get inside info and won't post it for that exact reason. Things change and it's just not worth the backlash.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got back from the gym. Said he respects Underhill, but he is absolutely, 100% wrong. I gotta do some work. As soon as I get a break, I'll post his response.

Just to understand something. So a former reporter, who SP and the Saints try to keep all (reporters) at a distance, to whom nearly all major serious communication is 100% scripted through the team's Corporate Communication office so the only thing the reporters get is only what the teams want them to get, and the reporter takes a position and that is now considered fact?? Seriously? That is no evidence from Underhill. That is solely 100% opinion, not fact.

So it seems to me that the people who swarmed to the Underhill post claiming it is indisputable truth and what coach Pete says was false, especially on a very minor process of the Davenport acquisition, are doing this in pure blindness. Why. It seems to me that a small group of people desperately want to prove Pete wrong.
Yes a coach Pete update!

dvdman

All-Pro
Reaction score
My gosh the legend of “Coach Pete” continues on yet another thread. I like to see someone ask Sean Payton if he knows who Swimmer and Coach Pete are. Anyway when you step back and look objectively at what is being posted then reality has to eventually set in. Burrow will be the Bengal’s starting QB only because he brings to the Bengals what no mega trade can.....instant media attention and a boat load of season ticket sales that comes along with it to the Bengals. Something that the organization is in dire need of after two consecutive poor seasons. Just look at what Zion has done for the Pelicans. Burrow is that type of player.

OP
OP

sportsaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
My gosh the legend of “Coach Pete” continues on yet another thread. I like to see someone ask Sean Payton if he knows who Swimmer and Coach Pete are. Anyway when you step back and look objectively at what is being posted then reality has to eventually set in. Burrow will be the Bengal’s starting QB only because he brings to the Bengals what no mega trade can.....instant media attention and a boat load of season ticket sales that comes along with it to the Bengals. Something that the organization is in dire need of after two consecutive poor seasons. Just look at what Zion has done for the Pelicans. Burrow is that type of player.
Wouldn’t your mind be blown if coach did reference the two of them at a press conference? 😂 And I was talking about that in my OP about stepping back and asking the question how much do we invest in things like this. Personally I like Swimmer and his insights and I don’t have a problem believing in Coach Pete. After all, I still believe in Santa and the Easter bunny! I keed, I keed! Not that I want this story to be true, but it would blow my mind if it pans out. Thanks Schwimmer!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom