Underhill digging at Swimmer and CP on Twitter (3 Viewers)

I don't think Nick was attacking Swimmer personally, just the story Swimmer is presenting. As a professional NFL journalist and what is obviously a remaining connection to the Saints and Saints fans, he's just providing his informed view that the story is a fantasy.

Of course a great many of us already knew that.
Nick took a cheapshot. The end.

The only negative about Nick is he actually gives Bryan "BSPN New Orleans" a pass for his sheetty sources and attitude. The way he debuked the Coach Pete stuff is the same energy he should with Bryan who is 10x worse...atleast Swimmer is nice lol.

But that's it. Nick is a great reporter and a darn good news breaker. The attacks on him because he's debunking what you all want to believe in is comical.

The only negative about Nick is he actually gives Bryan "BSPN New Orleans" a pass for his shirtty sources and attitude. The way he debuked the Coach Pete stuff is the same energy he should with Bryan who is 10x worse...atleast Swimmer is nice lol.

But that's it. Nick is a great reporter and a darn good news breaker. The attacks on him because he's debunking what you all want to believe in is comical.
You only think hes great because the saints media isn't the best. I like a couple of them a lot but I won't mention names. All this crap has gone on too long.

“It wasn’t mapped out,” Gutekunst said of trading all the way down to 27. “The ability to get a first-round pick in next year’s draft wasn’t something we were looking to acquire but it was too good to pass up.”

“It wasn’t mapped out,” Gutekunst said of trading all the way down to 27. “The ability to get a first-round pick in next year’s draft wasn’t something we were looking to acquire but it was too good to pass up.”

And I can tell you Gutes is a straight-shooter. But here's the reality. The Saints had interest in Davenport prior to the draft just as Coach Pete indicates. He is not wrong there. They did not consummate a trade with the Packers 5 weeks before the draft. The week of the draft they reached out to several teams picking in the range where they felt Davenport could land though they did not name their target. They talked about getting as high as pick #5. They had spoken with Green Bay that week and discussed a few parameters. When the opportunity came, they were able to get the deal done because they had discussed a few nuts and bolts that week.

Swimmer and Pete deserve credit for getting the pick right. They were not the only persons who knew what was going on, however. Again, Nick Underhill submitted a full-length article on the Davenport pick as soon as the pick was announced. Why? Because there were several of us who were read into the situation and knew that they had Davenport and Jackson in their cone. All this "and the Davenport pick" shook up the world is nonsense. Most did not know but those plugged in did.

I am being sincere when I say I have no issues with Swimmer and Pete. And personally I do not like even playing up the idea of being an insider because so much of what the team does they actually prefer to keep behind closed doors. But I feel some things are being a bit embellished and/or exaggerated. The Saints have not had formal talks with the Bengals. It does not mean at some point it cannot happen but they are just not there. And the credibility gained from getting the Davenport pick right--mainly because of the affiliation with UTSA--ought not to mean that everything passed along is true. And for Nick to be attacked is the most ridiculous thing ever. Because I can tell you when he was a local, he is the guy people in the building on Airline trusted with info.

The last thing I'll say is that it is very true--there are a lot of matters that can be quite fluid. So just because something gets reported and never comes through does not make it wrong. I actually say that as a defense of Swimmer or anyone else putting out info. But at the same time, the "fluidity" argument only goes so far. At some point, the only "right" prediction cannot be the Davenport pick. As I stated earlier in this thread, Pete has connections at UTSA and I believe he hear things on the wind. But there is a difference between hearing things on the wind and knowing what's going on from the actual folks in the building. And if they call bogus on the trade rumors at this point, then bogus it is.

Well Swimmer and Coach Pete have made it to the big time. Fully expect them to be on Colin Cowherd during draft week. Of course coach Pete holding true to his narrative of being behind the scenes will not be there. Swimmer will just read out Coach's thoughts.
Finally some much needed comedy.

I've been thinking about getting a source. I don't go to a gym or have a lawn guy though. I need to come up with some guy that has a cool profession or name though to be my source. The guy that sells me beer is named Earl......Beer guy Earl doesn't really have a ring to it.
I’ve considered doing the same, as I know a guy who works with the team in the medical department. We coached our kids team together. He’s with the team every day and isn’t shy posting pictures on facebook when he flies with them to away games. Thing is, I don’t ask ask for information. Though I have ran some things by him that “Pete” has stated and I’ll say that more often than not, he’ll respond with confirmation or at least that it’s probable/likely. You know, the whole, where there’s smoke there’s fire kind of thing. If I get to be closer friends with him I may pry for a little more info. One thing for sure but I think we all know, Kamara was not at all healthy most of the year, especially down the stretch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom