Underhill digging at Swimmer and CP on Twitter (3 Viewers)

That thread has people laughing at the “break down” of Saints fans on social media and other forums.

The vigor that people have defending Coach Pete/Swimmer and disputing him was (is) getting comical and when SR is becoming a laughing stock to other outside mediums...I’m personally glad they closed the thread.

Like I said, I wish we made it or won the super bowl these last few years lol. The sensationalism seems to be getting crazier with every postseason heartbreak on here.

people are defending the right to discuss the rumours that come from him. People aren’t defending the rumours. People see that other people are trying to just crap on everything and are defending their right to enjoy a silly thread. The people that are making them out to be these serious crazy broken down fans don’t understand because likely they haven’t even read the thread to see that it’s all in good fun. Those type of people have no perspective in it so to go on their judgements would be ignorant by it’s definition.

Twitter is full of toxicity.yes let’s let it ruin a thread here because some twitter troll things we are crazy.

trust me, everyone thinks we are crazy. Enjoy it

And this thread - title, OP and all - was created to point out exactly this, to further publicize the making fun of Swimmer and CP. My personal concern is not that the mass thread was locked, but this thread was created as essentially a frontage road to the main highway, and now all it’s doing is diverting traffic due to all lanes being blocked.

Literally the last few pages here are people arguing about why the thread was closed.

Its okay to attack swimmer on here. I code rly it’s been happening for years. Major respect to the guy for being so mature with it. But he’s the bad guy getting threads blocked.

man it’s like Underhill comes in is like the popular girl at school and Swimmer is your best old
Friend and the hot girl gives you an inch of attention and you just totally dump your old friend like that. seems petty to me

Speculation has never been an issue here. At one point there was a poster in the early 2000s who claimed he had a computer that could accurately predict what every single team would do in the draft, ergo he could tell us exactly who the Saints were going to end up with. This poster lasted for multiple years. Wild speculation and crazy threads are part of what makes this site what it is. It's fun.

I think most people on this board are intelligent enough to understand that a poster who is citing a source that's the trainer at his gym is not presenting said information as pure fact. I also am pretty confident Swimmer would be fine with labeling his thread "rumor" or "speculation". He has always responded positively to people who are skeptical, as long as they're not personally attacking him. The only time he gets confrontational typically is when he's personally attacked, IE getting called a "sad old man", a post which is still up.

Like I said, I don't think it's Underhill. Perhaps the mods felt that it was getting too personal and shut it down for that reason. Who knows. We should probably withhold judgement until we get a more in-depth explanation.

You're right. I went too far with that. I will take it down and I offer a sincere apology for it.

Edit: I tried to remove it and was unable to do so. I think because the thread is closed.

The thread got pulled because Underhill has earned God status on SR. We are not allowed to challenge Underhill in any way that could be considered offensive. Apparently, he has been a valuable friend to the board founders and they feel it is the best for their business. That's what I am being told. So I support the founders.

I just wish they would have left that thread open. It was so much fun for so many of us and it took our minds off the 3rd tragic playoff exit in a row.

I know a number of SR members think that Coach Pete and I were getting too powerful. I have no idea what that means since I do no social media except SR. I respect Andrus deeply and appreciate what he has done with the Board. And even grumpy Dan who cares deeply for the board.

Onward! Let's go get Burrow!

You're right. I went too far with that. I will take it down and I offer a sincere apology for it.

Edit: I tried to remove it and was unable to do so. I think because the thread is closed.

(y). You're one of the better posters here and I figured it was heat of the moment. It wasn't meant to single you out (glass houses and what not). It was just the first one that came to mind. Mostly because I was surprised it came from you.

The thread got pulled because Underhill has earned God status on SR. We are not allowed to challenge Underhill in any way that could be considered offensive. Apparently, he has been a valuable friend to the board founders and they feel it is the best for their business. That's what I am being told. So I support the founders.

I just wish they would have left that thread open. It was so much fun for so many of us and it took our minds off the 3rd tragic playoff exit in a row.

I know a number of SR members think that Coach Pete and I were getting too powerful. I have no idea what that means since I do no social media except SR. I respect Andrus deeply and appreciate what he has done with the Board. And even grumpy Dan who cares deeply for the board.

Onward! Let's go get Burrow!

amen brother. You got a lot of supporters here too brother! Please keep up the Pete stuff in some form or another. It brought a lot of fun and joy to this forum and your right. Atleast for me personally, it has helped tremendously after this past loss

I’m guilty of getting overzealous with you as well especially with that meme. For that I apologize FootballLady

That's not true at all. They will just dismiss anything posted by them in the future.

"They"? You are talking about 3% to 8% max of the board. Coach Pete's approval rating is close to 95%. So "They" represent a very small portion of the board and "They" consist mainly of the board bullies and negative posters that have runnoff top posters consistently over the years. I guess that is social media. Regardless, that had absolutely zero to do with Dan in L making the decision to take down the thread. It was SR's deep relationship with Underhill. I don't agree, but I support them and if Underhill as done as much for SR as they say, I would likely have done something similar or warned them to back of Nick because of his contributions.

The thread got pulled because Underhill has earned God status on SR. We are not allowed to challenge Underhill in any way that could be considered offensive. Apparently, he has been a valuable friend to the board founders and they feel it is the best for their business.
What business is that? Are they using donation amounts to decide who's more important because Underhill doesn't post here.

God status? For writing articles? I'm shocked I tell ya.

What business is that? Are they using donation amounts to decide who's more important because Underhill doesn't post here.

God status? For writing articles? I'm shocked I tell ya.

No. Andrus knows when the board needed money last year that COach Pete and I led a match drive where we contributed around $2,000 in total. Or maybe $1,500. I don't remember. He knows how much I care about the Board. This was business.

amen brother. You got a lot of supporters here too brother! Please keep up the Pete stuff in some form or another. It brought a lot of fun and joy to this forum and your right. Atleast for me personally, it has helped tremendously after this past loss
Same you can all ways pm as well! Do you think underhill felt threaten because the content has truth to it?

No.

No.

No.

The SSF is fans' forum, not a news organization. Even if someone starts a thread with "NEWS!!!" in the title, I know that poster is not Foxsports or ESPN (and it's not like I trust them either or care about what they have to say when it goes to rumors and speculation.)They are just a person who heard this and that, or even made it up. And some even have real information.

Dude. You can throw a tantrum and scream no all you want but the reason you're here and not on any of the other defunct or low volume Saints fansites is because SR is reliable. Sites that are not not, dont last or get foot traffic. But please continue shouting "no."

I hope SR never becomes the anything goes place you guys want it to be. It's never been that. Never. The places you are describing cant keep members even though they a purely forums. So screaming no will not make it true.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom