Underhill: Handicapping three of the Saints' more difficult roster decisions: Running back, cornerback and wide receiver (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
A good amount of the New Orleans Saints' roster is set.

It's no surprise that Cameron Jordan and Max Unger are going to be on the roster. Even some of the guys who came in as long shots have done enough to claim spots on the roster and have little to worry about as Saturday’s 3 p.m. deadline to trim the roster to 53 approaches.

But there are a few spots where it isn’t clear who will lock down a job and who will be looking for a new one.

Kicker is one of those battles. It appears to be a dead heat between Kai Forbath and Connor Barth, and that one will likely come down to whoever the coaching staff feels it trusts most.

A handful of other battles are in a similar state. Here’s a look at three of them:

Good read

Handicapping three of the Saints' more difficult roster decisions: Running back, cornerback and wide receiver | Saints | theadvocate.com

How unorthodox.....the coaching staff choosing the kicker it trusts most.

Lol. But yeah. Good read.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I disagree with that statement. (Surprising because I almost always agree with Underhill). I think the kicker battle boils down to kick-offs - whomever they feel performed best at that duty, because Morstead will likely not be doing kick offs this season. They two guys are basically dead even in FGs.

I think Hightower is a lock or at least a safe bet at RB

Same for CB Finnegan. Breaux, Williams, Crawley, Bell, and Harris have 1 year of NFL experience between the 5 of them. The Saints need a vet CB on the roster.

What a coward.

At this point we don't need "reports" on the possible final 53. We know that already. We want to know what you think and why you think it Mr. Underhill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom