Underhill: Impossible to ignore injuries as Saints cling to life after big loss to Falcons (1 Viewer)

I hate to break it to Underhill but the Saints season flatlined the second Harris ran into Lewis. The most shocking thing to me is how mentally fragile this team is. One thing goes wrong and they just shut down.

The Harris collision on the punt, while devastating, was not all on Harris. The Falcon player stuck out his leg to trip him and did trip him. Not the only instance. I believe that the no call encroachment play is one of the others that comes to mind, the receiver on the crossing route was also deliberately tripped. Few other plays noticed as well. Watch them in slow motion and you will see the deliberate nature of the defenders. Just something I saw added to the atrocious officiating.
Not blaming officiating for the loss, but some key moments added to the struggles.

Also of note, the team character that we were badly missing for several years, is back. Our boys continued to battle until the end. That is heart. We exemplified that last night. All 3 of these losses were gut wrenching, but there are positives to be taken from the games, going forward. Young team, ridiculous amount of injuries, 5th 6th and 7th string players laying their heart on the field. It is rebuilding, but the horizon is bright.
Who Dat!

I hate to break it to Underhill but the Saints season flatlined the second Harris ran into Lewis. The most shocking thing to me is how mentally fragile this team is. One thing goes wrong and they just shut down.

three and out, d gets it done, then the fumble and five straight td's,glad you noticed that as well Ti. No the o didn't flatline, but the d certainly did. weather the storm is what the team hasn't done very well the last few years.

You expect 2nd and 3rd string players (and some of these guys on defense are 6th and 7th string players) to be ball hawks and great tacklers?

Yes tackling is a fundamental skill to play defense in the NFL why would any team in this league be so bad at it across the entire roster? In the secondary there were several moments when we could have made plays on the ball including Byrd's missed pick and a few that crawley didn't get turned around on, another problem that's been consistent across the roster since the 2009 season. Combine that with a very below average pass rush. None of this is new and it's been consistently bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom