Underhill: Mike Williams TD not on P Rob (1 Viewer)

Who is the safety there? it isn’t MW because he’s on the other half of the field.

It's old. The defensive breakdowns are old. "We have to be better" yada yada yada. Payton and Allen have said that for years. If the Minnesota Miracle didn't have them have a come to Jesus meeting about how to fix the defensive responsibilities and techniques, nothing ever will. It's the same crap every season.

If we make the playoffs, our best hope will be praying our offense goes on this crazy run where we won't have to rely on our defense. Our defense has shown us who they are..multiple times.

I just wish DA would play a little mover cover 2. We have obvious issues defending deep. You can play cover 2, man under. I’d rather potentially give up short yardage than constantly getting beat deep For quick TDs.

Guess PJ was supposed to help.

So PJ caught out yet again thinking instead of trusting the coverage.

I agree with some, its not "coaching" but at some point it BECOMES COACHING because the SAME DUMB ARSE PLAYERS are STILL ON THE FIELD.

A RB fumbles the ball in a crucial situation, you dont see him again.

Why is it we cant do the same defensively??? if these guys arent held accountable ( ie lose playing time/benched/demoted ) then there is NOTHING stopping them from doing again and again?

I just wish DA would play a little mover cover 2. We have obvious issues defending deep. You can play cover 2, man under. I’d rather potentially give up short yardage than constantly getting beat deep For quick TDs.

I agree. I'd rather live with the results of playing 2 man under and cover 1 versus constant breakdowns in zone coverages. It's getting tiring. We knew the strength of our secondary this year was press man coverage, and yet we haven't seen enough of it. Even when Janoris was healthy.

THAT WAS COVER 2

PJ at Safety bit on the under curl that was COVERED BY LB and left PRob alone.

So PRob doesnt go into full sprint because, based on COVER 2, PJ sprints to sideline to cover the streaking Williams.

That never happened. Its disgusting that we have a Safety playing his own game inside Cover 2.

The results are clear.

You mean respect the game and play a traditional defense instead of try some exotic high-risk look in order to get the turnover you never get? Where are your guts, man? Nut up and take the risk even though it almost never works.
You can still take risks by blitzing LBs, or using stunts other DL techniques.

THAT WAS COVER 2

So PRob doesnt go into full sprint because, based on COVER 2, PJ sprints to sideline to cover the streaking Williams.

That never happened. Its disgusting that we have a Safety playing his own game inside Cover 2.

The results are clear.
Okay. My mistake. I thought he was showing cover 2, but blitzing late.

If he’s playing cover 2, he needs to know his assignment is the deep man.

This was really bad safety play. When you re-watch it, you will see both safeties play up and get caught covering nobody by the time Herbert threw the ball.

THAT WAS COVER 2

The results are clear.
Who do you suggest we bench PJ for then?

I'm not trying to stick up for him. I'm saying this is unfortunately who we have. It's who Payton, Allen, and Glenn apparently felt comfortable with for the 2020 season, with them also believing Malcolm would solve all the woes of the breakdowns.

This confirms that the defensive play call was sound. The players aren’t making the correct read.

its not even the read here- its the "bite" - PJ is notorious for "biting" on pump fakes and watching QB. He did here. QB was looking in general direction of TE ( with Williams over top on the angle of viewing ) but was REALLY eyeing Williams.

PJ should know that HIS responsibility is WILLIAMS DEEP. What does he do? Fer de durr...ill JUMP the under route by TE ( who is covered btw )

so frustrating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom