Underhill - Nick Fairley earns $250,000 sack bonus, with more payouts likely on the horizon (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Monday article that I found of interest... Didn't see this posted...

Nick Fairley made himself a little bit of money on Sunday.

The defensive tackle triggered an incentive in his contract that will pay him a $250,000 bonus for reaching four sacks this season.

He now actually has a 4 ½, which leads the team, and can another $250,000 for reaching 5 ½ sacks. He has another incentive that will pay him another bonus if he reaches seven sacks.

Fairley can also earn up to $750,000 in bonuses if he plays 65 percent or more of the defensive snaps. He’s played 68.4 of the snaps so far this season. That bonus is structured similarly to his sack payouts, with bonuses of $250,000 at 45, 55 and 65 percent of the snaps.

BY NICK UNDERHILL

Full Story - theadvocate.com

Wait, extra money for sacking players?! Sounds like.... a bounty! Better not let Goodell get wind of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for him, he did it the old fashioned way....

He earned it! Lol

Meanwhile Rankins was solid in his second game back. Cam jordan had a good game too.

Its obvious that this D line is a passrusher away from becoming dominant!

He earned it! Lol

Meanwhile Rankins was solid in his second game back. Cam jordan had a good game too.

I hate to say it, but just imagine if Galette wasn't such an *******.

We would have a top 5 D-line for years to come

He earned it! Lol

D-line coach Bill Johnson must be on vacation.

/sarcasm.

Good for him the guy has been playing good keep it up Nick.

I hate to say it, but just imagine if Galette wasn't such an *******.

We would have a top 5 D-line for years to come

Just wait till next year, Kikaha will be back and hopefully we will fill the spot in the draft. Kruger seems like a good team player, but he isn't stellar as a DE.

Just wait till next year, Kikaha will be back and hopefully we will fill the spot in the draft. Kruger seems like a good team player, but he isn't stellar as a DE.

Haven't really studied it, but I think I'm seeing Kruger close to the QB on a lot of plays.

Haven't really studied it, but I think I'm seeing Kruger close to the QB on a lot of plays.

When we blitz, Kruger has been much more effective than when he's one on one sending four - but who isn't? I think Kruger has gotten better as the year has progressed. His first game made me think his signing was a mistake, but every game has been better and better since...and that's something I'm not going to complain about.

He has been wreaking a little havoc in the backfield, regardless of his own sack totals. He's "assisted" on others' sacks by pushing his man into the face of the QB and drawing a second blocker a few times.

He has been wreaking a little havoc in the backfield, regardless of his own sack totals. He's "assisted" on others' sacks by pushing his man into the face of the QB and drawing a second blocker a few times.

Gotta say I wasn't impressed with the Kruger signing. I like him now, if he is not being overpaid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom