Underhill: Payton Back at Facility (1 Viewer)

Doesn't sound as though retirement is imminent. I am retired, and know I would not want to go into the sunset after a season like 2021. You want the last moments of your work life to be pleasant ones if at all possible.

Doesn't sound as though retirement is imminent. I am retired, and know I would not want to go into the sunset after a season like 2021. You want the last moments of your work life to be pleasant ones if at all possible.

Personally, I'm just trying to find any moment in my work life that I find pleasant.

Honestly, I’d find it hard to believe Payton would want to walk away from this team, especially after the season we just had. 9 wins, even after all the crazy obstacles we faced, tells me this team is still top notch. With better luck and a few pieces on offense, I don’t see any reason we’re not competing for it all next season. It was a disappointing season in the fact that we didn’t make the playoffs, but I feel there is so much left to be gained from this roster and staff.

Honestly, I’d find it hard to believe Payton would want to walk away from this team, especially after the season we just had. 9 wins, even after all the crazy obstacles we faced, tells me this team is still top notch. With better luck and a few pieces on offense, I don’t see any reason we’re not competing for it all next season. It was a disappointing season in the fact that we didn’t make the playoffs, but I feel there is so much left to be gained from this roster and staff.
I see it as you do as well, but I’ll bet Sean isn’t thrilled to have such a question mark at the most crucial position.

Aint nothing like being bothered w/ work while on vacation.
I see it as you do as well, but I’ll bet Sean isn’t thrilled to have such a question mark at the most crucial position.
But isn't the existing question mark of his own doing? it isn't like he doesn't have absolute control over who's on the roster.

I still don't see what the big deal is. Saints are in off season mode. Players are off doing their own thing and not being around the team facility or locally at all. Why can't Payton go off and do his own thing for a couple of months.

Because Ian Rappaport ( aka Woodward ) tweeted out one of his annual "Sean speculation" tweets yesterday and some folks RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN with that 27 word tweet.

Its absolute insanity

I still don't see what the big deal is. Saints are in off season mode. Players are off doing their own thing and not being around the team facility or locally at all. Why can't Payton go off and do his own thing for a couple of months.
I don’t believe coaches in front office personnel can afford to take off for a couple of months like the players do, with coaches getting fired and hired and players getting evaluated for next season plus the draft in April and evaluating future draft picks leaves very little free time for coaching staff and front office personnel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom