Underhill: Saints training camp Day 4: Tre'Quan Smith keeps making plays, early sleepers, more (1 Viewer)

• Admin
86164-29ede686a8c9b96d8750f33babeec61e.gif

By Nick Underhill | The Advocate

Attendance: Wide receiver Brandon Coleman and tight end Michael Hoomanawanui were the only players who did not practice. Center Cameron Tom (shoulder) and wide receiver Travin Dural (broken humerus, according to sources) left the session early. Some veteran players like defensive end Cam Jordan, wide receiver Cameron Meredith, defensive end Alex Okafor and guard Andrus Peat were given most of the day off.

More changes:
We’re going to keep noting lineup changes, but at this point they don’t mean a whole lot. On Sunday, Vonn Bell and Kurt Coleman served as the top safeties, after it was Bell and Marcus Williams the day before. Sheldon Rankins replaced David Onyemata as the first-team defensive tackle, and P.J. Williams manned the slot. And just like it has almost every day, the linebackers changed again, this time with Manti Te’o and Alex Anzalone serving as the starters. Josh LeRibeus continues to start at left guard in place of Peat. The Saints will eventually settle on a set of starters. Until then, a lot of the changes seem to be about getting different looks at players more than it signifies someone moving ahead on the depth chart.

Early sleeper: It will take some time before this year’s surprise players fully emerge. But after four days, Dan Arnold, who is transitioning from wide receiver to tight end, is in the early the mix. He’s managed to get his name in the notebook repeatedly this week. Popping out a few times during the first week of camp assures Arnold nothing, and there are a lot of things he will need to improve upon, such as his blocking, but he’s off to a good start. ...

Full Story - The Advocate

Last edited:
Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin
Just testing out what happens when I move a thread from the news page to the SSF.

Sure doesn't work like the old system. This one does not allow you to copy a thread. You can only move it. Obviously it keep the news article formatting too.

Yeah... Still learning this system.

I haven’t heard a peep yet about Austin Carr. Seeing as we kept him on then 53 man roster last year I’d expected to hear about him competing well in TC...

Really like hearing the good things about Hardee and Maulet, they seem to be really liked guys in the locker room too.

I haven’t heard a peep yet about Austin Carr. Seeing as we kept him on then 53 man roster last year I’d expected to hear about him competing well in TC...

He was an UDFA on another roster, they had to keep hin on the 53 because they poached him. If he ends up not being worth it, there's nothing lost by letting him go on cut day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom