Saints Underhill seems pretty stoked about Saints’ defense, and Olave (< 2 min report) (1 Viewer)

That’s great to hear on both topics.

Olave consistently beating Jaire Alexander is pretty impressive for a rookie.

I hope Underill is right about not seeing too much action from the starters during the actual preseason game

Its good to hear Olave is doing well against Alexander. I doubt Olave is seeing gameday Alexander in an August camp practice when most veterans are probably just ready for camp to be over.

For me it would be somewhat of a story if he was struggling in camp. However, Chase proved last year that a bad camp doesnt translate to a bad season

Its good to hear Olave is doing well against Alexander. I doubt Olave is seeing gameday Alexander in an August camp practice when most veterans are probably just ready for camp to be over.

For me it would be somewhat of a story if he was struggling in camp. However, Chase proved last year that a bad camp doesnt translate to a bad season
Agreed on Chase, I would only add that while Olave isn’t seeing Jaire’s best form that one would usually see during the regular season, Jaire also isn’t seeing but the Chris Olave with 2.5 weeks of training camp under his belt.

We aren’t seeing either player at their max 2022 potential, but you have to be excited for what you are seeing.

If the O line stays healthy, they will be pretty good. If we have injuries on that unit like last season, they won’t.
Yup. I have huge concerns on the left side of the OL. Peat hasn't been very durable and hoping Hurst's "foot" is minor since LT depth is questionable. With Winston coming off major knee surgery having to gamble that a rookie LT is up to protecting the franchise would be worrysome.

That’s great to hear on both topics.

Olave consistently beating Jaire Alexander is pretty impressive for a rookie.

I hope Underill is right about not seeing too much action from the starters during the actual preseason game
No doubt. The risk/reward ratio is so far out of balance that I don't know why teams play the starters even for one series. They stand to gain so little but they risk everything. At this point the staff knows who their most important players are. They know what they can do. Lol don't even let them dress out. Hell don't even let them stand on the sidelines. Fool around and get leg whipped down there!

For rookies and players fighting for a roster spot obviously these games are important. The coaches have to evaluate these guys and they need the reps. But every time I see a starter go down in a preseason game around the league I just shake my head. Like when J.K. Dobbins went down last year in the final preseason game. Why would your best RB that you spent a 2nd round pick on the year before be banging around out there in the last preseason game? As a result they had to go with the four headed monster of Devonta Freeman, Latavius Murray, Ty'Son Williams, and LeVeon Bell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom