Underhill; Source: Saints try out several CFL players, including star wide receiver Derel Walker (1 Viewer)

paging Guillermo, you're wanted at the front desk. Guillermo

Sorry for the late reply. I have been wanting to do my CFL review since last week but work has been crazy until today. I guess I should get my priorities straight.

Anyways, I'll post it later today or tomorrow.

This has not been a good year for the CFL, only a team was dominant, Calgary, the rest was pure mediocrity.

Now being said that the 3 players I would be more excited to look at are:

- Quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell, Calgary. No doubt he was the best player this year.

- Kicker René Paredes, Calgary. The guy is money, and is used to kick on bad weather

- Wide Receiver Derel Walker, Edmonton. This guy may not be the best receiver at the CFL, but I think he is exactly what the saints would need. He is very close to Robert Meachem in his game. The guy is big, fast and very slippery. He is still young and learning the game. But he has two years of production with him.

I will check the list of the players tried by the saints and make my comments if I know them. There are other players that I think it will be interesting to follow.

Cheers,

Guillermo

If you were thinking about keeping Fairly, that also means you are likely thinking about keeping the rotation at DT similar to what it is now. IE only one true NT on the roster in Davison.

In that regard you'd be looking for a young developmental DT or possibly a cheap veteran you could bring in for TC. We ended up signing one of NOFALCONS sleeper DT's (Justin Zimmer) to the Practice Squad and he's someone that could play that 1Tech Nose and has a similar squatty build to Davison but looks much more agile after the snap.

Just food for thought.

Candidates for that final playoff push!

I am not so sure about that, I think they can sign until next year. I'll try to double check.

Not directly related, but saw on NOLA.com that we signed DE Justin Zimmer (Ferris State) to our practice squad. Really strong and quick, but needs refinement for the pro-game which I'm actually encouraged given that Onyemata has developed pretty well this year.

Former Ferris State DE Justin Zimmer joins Michigan-rich Saints

If you were thinking about keeping Fairly, that also means you are likely thinking about keeping the rotation at DT similar to what it is now. IE only one true NT on the roster in Davison.

In that regard you'd be looking for a young developmental DT or possibly a cheap veteran you could bring in for TC. We ended up signing one of NOFALCONS sleeper DT's (Justin Zimmer) to the Practice Squad and he's someone that could play that 1Tech Nose and has a similar squatty build to Davison but looks much more agile after the snap.

Just food for thought.

Here's what NOFALCONS10 had to say about Zimmer. He took him in the "Official" Mock as well, so he's been high on him for a while now.

Before looking ahead to next year's draft I would still like to point out players on other teams' practice squads or rookie free agents who are still capable enough to have an impact down the road without investing a high pick.

Justin Zimmer of Ferris state was the most athletic DL to enter this years draft but he played out of position in Buffalo at DT and at fullback. If signed i think that his best position would be at defensive end like Justin Smith or Willie Whitehead. I have no clue as to why a player so talented doesn't have a job at this point.

https://youtu.be/ZsQr0X6EsF8

I am not so sure about that, I think they can sign until next year. I'll try to double check.

It was January 4th last year, so I assume January 3rd, 2017 will be the first day that they are available to sign with an NFL team...

Former Ferris State DE Justin Zimmer joins Michigan-rich Saints

Here's what NOFALCONS10 had to say about Zimmer. He took him in the "Official" Mock as well, so he's been high on him for a while now.

Yeah I remember his name because of it. I think as a passrushing nose he'd be useful.

IF something were to happen to Davison then I'm sure Rankins would slide over and play the 1 just because he can with no drop off. However, we'd need someone that could sub in as a passrushing Nose at time to give him a breather since both Fairley/Onyemata typically stick to playing 3Tech.

Walker, Bass and Foster should be looked at closely imop. Did well up here in the CFL.

Not directly related, but saw on NOLA.com that we signed DE Justin Zimmer (Ferris State) to our practice squad. Really strong and quick, but needs refinement for the pro-game which I'm actually encouraged given that Onyemata has developed pretty well this year.

This is a quality signing right here. If he can develop the proper technique, he should be able to beast at end. One more quality addition this offseason and we should be set on the line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom