Underhill -- The pending release of Jairus Byrd shows the Saints need to make the right moves this offseason (1 Viewer)

His skill set and versatility would make him a great back up for KV. It is precisely the reason I would love to have him. The fact he is a ST guy is just icing on the cake and something not to overlook value wise. If Saint Ace is right and he is looking for something in the range of 3 million a year that is a crazy good deal in my opinion and we would be nuts not to get him.

My guess was in the $5 million a year range. That was just a quote I found. Here is the link.

Micah Hyde's market value hard to measure

I hope the Saints stop putting their hopes in expensive free agents. Teams, management, and players are so secretive about injuries that it's almost impossible to know for sure if a FA is healthy.

Teams seldom allow really good, healthy, and mentally grounded FA's to walk. Just about every one has baggage, and more often than not, it's hidden baggage.

Build through the draft please.

when it comes down to it, it's all a guessing game - tape, stats, interviews can help tilt the scale one way or another, but FA and the draft are just spinning a big wheel and hoping for the best

I would like a Morris Claiborne + Micah Hyde combo. Great potential without a whole lot of risk.

If Hyde and Claiborne are cheap to kick the tires and back out, I'm all for taking a look.

It always seems to be the expensive deals that bite us in the butt.

when it comes down to it, it's all a guessing game - tape, stats, interviews can help tilt the scale one way or another, but FA and the draft are just spinning a big wheel and hoping for the best

It's all about the secrecy. If the team can get complete and accurate info on the FA, they can make a good decision on his contract. Otherwise, spin that wheel and hope for the best. :hihi:

I think teams, players, and their agents are making it more and more difficult to get the straight scoop. They're all becoming too "Lawyerly". None of the above have any incentive to be honest about injuries and other issues.

When Coaches and GM's see coveted FA's come free, they need to put on the brakes and take a cold shower or 3. Then they need to ask why their team let them walk.

Id def prefer a vet back there returning kicks/fielding punts.

Interesting thought. Especially considering the players who were very effective in the return roles last year who are free agents this offseason. Cordarrelle Patterson, Marc Mariani, Brandon Tate, Deonte Thompson, and Andre Roberts are all available. Something to watch and see if they bring any of these guys in for a look…

Interesting thought. Especially considering the players who were very effective in the return roles last year who are free agents this offseason. Cordarrelle Patterson, Marc Mariani, Brandon Tate, Deonte Thompson, and Andre Roberts are all available. Something to watch and see if they bring any of these guys in for a look…

Andre Roberts is a name that pops out to me.

A vet sounds good, but a gadget player like Tyreek Hill in the draft also sounds pretty freaking good. That dude made KC this year.

I'll pass on Claiborne.

He stays hurt. He played well for a change last year but then got hurt yet again.

We already have a DB group that stays hurt for whatever reason, I'll have to pass on getting another one.

Hyde & KV would be great to watch both young and versatile

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom