Saints Underhill: The Saints “really like Chase Hansen” (2 Viewers)

Yes we definitely need a play making LB in first round, I believe there will still be some top LB's on the board when we pick. Before we pick at 28 all the top CB's will be gone. We can still get a high quality CB in second round. Then we can get a DT.
Yeah, I think our first pick should be a LB. Then a CB.

We need a DT too but more so a NT b/c I'm a bit concerned about the loss of Malcom Brown on the team. He was really good for us. My only issue is we do need some help on offense this year too that they may neglect this position thinking they're set when I don't think we are.

I do think w/ the offense they may want to get a QB (just to have that third in case), don't know if that will be Trask or not but I can see them getting one maybe in the third or fourth round. I also feel we need another great WR too. I would be fine w/ our WR corp but Tre'Quan who has the skills (esp blocking) hasn't really stepped up into that #2 spot yet, Donte' has injury issues b/c of his size (something he has to work on) and Marquez (who I love) will be in his 2nd year so we don't really know just yet how he'll do so we do need another one to go along w/ Mike Thomas. We also either need to bring Easton back or get an OL in the draft b/c we all know Peat goes down every year for a # of games.

So yeah, I would do it something like this, LB CB NT QB WR OL. If we can walk out of there w/ these six positions, I think we'll be set.

We need a DT too but more so a NT b/c I'm a bit concerned about the loss of Malcom Brown on the team. He was really good for us. My only issue is we do need some help on offense this year too that they may neglect this position thinking they're set when I don't think we are.

I do think w/ the offense they may want to get a QB (just to have that third in case), don't know if that will be Trask or not but I can see them getting one maybe in the third or fourth round. I also feel we need another great WR too. I would be fine w/ our WR corp but Tre'Quan who has the skills (esp blocking) hasn't really stepped up into that #2 spot yet, Donte' has injury issues b/c of his size (something he has to work on) and Marquez (who I love) will be in his 2nd year so we don't really know just yet how he'll do so we do need another one to go along w/ Mike Thomas. We also either need to bring Easton back or get an OL in the draft b/c we all know Peat goes down every year for a # of games.

So yeah, I would do it something like this, LB CB NT QB WR OL. If we can walk out of there w/ these six positions, I think we'll be set.
I agree with your draft order until WR. I believe we'll take a TE before we take a WR. We have some good WR's already on the roster. Looks like Tre'Quan got a lot better last season and Calloway will be a lot better after an offseason of OTA's, mini-camps, training camp and preseason. We can also bring back Bennie Fowler, he looked pretty good before he got hurt last season. We also have Devonte Harris, now there's a guy if we incorporate into the system the right way, he can really take the top off defenses, and don't forget about Lil'Jordan Humphrey. But if we do take a WR, I hope it's Tracy McMath. We could pick him up in the 4th or 5th round. He would be a good speed WR or use him in the slot. You know we're going to get some surprise WR in the undrafted free agents. We always find a diamond in the rough.

We need a lot of help, from the 1st round pick. They will probably pick a TE though. 😂

These are the guys we have on the roster at LB at the moment:
1- Demario Davis
2-Zack Baun
3- Kaden Ellis
4- Chase Hansen
5- Wynton McManis
6- Marcus Willoughby
7- Andrew Dowell
Which of these LB not named Demario Davis could come in and make an impact. Maybe Baun, He looked lost most of the time when he was on the field. Ellis was mostly a special teams player. Hansen was called up from the PS a couple time and played special teams, I don't remember seeing him play any regular downs during a game. And the rest have never played a down yet.
We are in bad need of a play making LB in FA and the Draft. What are your thoughts? Who in FA can we look at to come in and help? Maybe we could look at brining back Craig Robertson or maybe look at brining in KJ Wright. There's not much left in the market right now. Maybe the Saints wait until the second wave of FA's come out after the draft, IDK. But something needs to be done.

I agree and I like this order. We should draft like this. Maybe CB before DT. Maybe a WR too but this is good.

It was not in any particular order, but these are the spots left open after the roster realignment and LB is the thinnest position on the roster followed by CB. DT needs another body and we always bring in OL every year whether drafted or UDFA.

These are the guys we have on the roster at LB at the moment:
1- Demario Davis
2-Zack Baun
3- Kaden Ellis
4- Chase Hansen
5- Wynton McManis
6- Marcus Willoughby
7- Andrew Dowell
Which of these LB not named Demario Davis could come in and make an impact. Maybe Baun, He looked lost most of the time when he was on the field. Ellis was mostly a special teams player. Hansen was called up from the PS a couple time and played special teams, I don't remember seeing him play any regular downs during a game. And the rest have never played a down yet.
We are in bad need of a play making LB in FA and the Draft. What are your thoughts? Who in FA can we look at to come in and help? Maybe we could look at brining back Craig Robertson or maybe look at brining in KJ Wright. There's not much left in the market right now. Maybe the Saints wait until the second wave of FA's come out after the draft, IDK. But something needs to be done.

Everyone always says “trust in Loomis...” but this year’s different... there really isn’t any $$$.

The draft is the best bet, but at 28, that’s a crapshoot too.

*What about maybe taking a flier on Reuben Foster? The Saints liked him coming out of Bama... and after washing out of San Fran and running into trouble, maybe he got his head right. The talent and ability was never in question, and he’s still pretty young. 🤔

...another option would be Devondre Campbell. He’s basically a younger Craig Robertson at this point.

Everyone always says “trust in Loomis...” but this year’s different... there really isn’t any $$$.

The draft is the best bet, but at 28, that’s a crapshoot too.

*What about maybe taking a flier on Reuben Foster? The Saints liked him coming out of Bama... and after washing out of San Fran and running into trouble, maybe he got his head right. The talent and ability was never in question, and he’s still pretty young. 🤔

...another option would be Devondre Campbell. He’s basically a younger Craig Robertson at this point.
Dude I haven't heard this guys name mentioned in a long time. I didn't even know that he was still in the league. Weren't we talking to him on the phone, getting ready to draft him and the 49"ers picked him and he just left Payton hanging on the phone. If his head is screwed on right and he stays out of trouble, I say yeah bring him in. Foster is very talented and would be an immediate upgrade to our LB'ers and defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom