Underhill: Thomas expected to miss time. (1 Viewer)

Brutal. Really hope there’s a good reason why it took five months from the end of last season for him to get this surgery.

And no Emmanuel Sanders either.

He’s not like-for-like at this point but I’d be calling up Kenny Stills if he’s still unsigned.
He got his money and stuff started happening. It's too much of a coincidence. I am not saying he is tanking but things seem to go wrong after a big contract

He got his money and stuff started happening. It's too much of a coincidence. I am not saying he is tanking but things seem to go wrong after a big contract
the injury was a fluky thing. believe week 1 in garbage time when he was blocking.

he also played on it to make it worse because he wanted to hopefully be a part of brees' last super bowl, didnt work out obviously.

but the stuff this offseason. i agree with the contract thing. you dont go back after 1 month and wait an extra month or two, now you get surgery and wont be around week 1 for the season. thats all on him. $$$

This is why I wanted Saints to trade up a few spots and draft Terrence Marshall. I knew Brady would not let Marshall slide to Saints. I hope Pete Werner is all that because if he turns out to be like all other LBers that Payton draft this will never be forgotten.

By Payton do you mean Jeff Ireland? Because most of the defenders we have drafted since he has been here have worked out pretty well....

I truly think this is part of MTs issue. AK and MT would get the ball 90% of snaps in a 17 game season and destroy their bodies. I don’t think he has any confidence in Hill or Winston reading progressions or being able to put the ball where he won’t get killed. A lot of Thomas plays are over the middle or slants where ball in the wrong spot can get his head taken off if they aren’t accurate. Also there will be a lot of forced passes to him because as we’ve seen in the past our WRs can’t get separation and Brees threw them open.
I think he doesn't want to be part of the transition and neither Taysom nor Jameis are worth him putting his body on the line in his view. While Drew may have thrown him open sometimes, MT is not a speedster but a guy a physical receiver who gets the ball by being more physical than the DBs. One of the morning shows basically said him waiting for the surgery was about a deeper rift with the team. He's got his money so if he doesn't want to be here I'm open to trading him for a position of need.

I think he doesn't want to be part of the transition and neither Taysom nor Jameis are worth him putting his body on the line in his view. While Drew may have thrown him open sometimes, MT is not a speedster but a guy a physical receiver who gets the ball by being more physical than the DBs. One of the morning shows basically said him waiting for the surgery was about a deeper rift with the team. He's got his money so if he doesn't want to be here I'm open to trading him for a position of need.

I'm not ready to throw MT under the bus without knowing all the facts. MT is supposed to go in for a checkup and the team does check to see how it went until 2 or 3 months later? Something doesn't sound right about that. For one, the team would want to know a timeframe for when MT would be healthy so they could look for other help if needed. I think there's probably a lot more to the story that's not being told. If not, then the Saints also dropped the ball and shame on them as much as MT.

Originally, I thought he was needing two surgeries on same ankle/lower leg. Anyone know if this was his second?

Wasn't Stephon Anthony an Ireland pick?
I only say that bc

1.) SP’s affinity with OSU players stems from his relationship with Urban Meyer. Urban coached Werner for a year. SP trust Urban’s word on players.
2.) SP has long adored the white LB. Has been that way ever since he became our coach. So much so, that he would rather nab a walking concussion case in Dan Morgan or past his prime James Lauranitus in FA, despite better options out there. We have employed about 100 of them since 2006. Roughly 90% of them that has made it into the NFL. That’s not coincidence.

2+2=SP’s fingerprints

Last edited:
That Werner pick has SP written all over it. I don’t think that was Ireland

I don't think SP has the final say on drafting defenders, I'd say that is fairly obvious since Ireland has been on board and after 1 year they gave him a scouting staff and made him personnel chief.

Does he hit every time? No, no one does but to deny our D isn't light years better since he got here is folly....

I don't think SP has the final say on drafting defenders, I'd say that is fairly obvious since Ireland has been on board and after 1 year they gave him a scouting staff and made him personnel chief.

Does he hit every time? No, no one does but to deny our D isn't light years better since he got here is folly....
SP has the final say on pretty much everything except for financials in regards to contracts

SP has the final say on pretty much everything except for financials in regards to contracts

So it is merely coincidence that once Jeff Ireland was put in charge of personnel our D personnel improved significantly? Ok....I mean I thought it was fairly common knowledge that Ireland makes most of the personnel decisions. SP may have the final say but I would bet he trusts Ireland's judgement...A lot....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom