Underhill tweet: David Onyemata arrested for possession of marijuana (2/7/2019) (2 Viewers)

I am not religious but don't tell me it can't be a gateway drug. I know a lot of people that use it responsibly but I also know quite a few people that marijuana ruined their life.

Thankfully, alcohol and opioids have never ruined anyone's life.

Okay. Like I said before, dumb. But not JPSO being dumb ... it's on Onyemata. Dude. That's not just dumb, that's galactically stupid. He deserves the suspension he'll get.

ETA: Well, wait. I forget the background he's dealing with. Still dumb but I'll give him a small pass and bet this teach's him a HUGE lesson.
Agreed. Just read the new article. NEVER do something like that through the mail. Dumb is the right word. Doesn't the man have a local "connection"? It's not that hard. I could find a new connection in high school just by bringing up the movie Dazed and Confused.

Agreed. Just read the new article. NEVER do something like that through the mail. Dumb is the right word. Doesn't the man have a local "connection"? It's not that hard. I could find a new connection in high school just by bringing up the movie Dazed and Confused.
I know, right?

And also, apologies for writing "teach's" when I meant "teaches". See, I grammar nazied myself.

I know, right?

And also, apologies for writing "teach's" when I meant "teaches". See, I grammar nazied myself.
I'm obsessive about my grammer (a joke there). I'll go back and look at my posts checking for mistakes. For whatever reason, I continually screw up "your" and "you're". Drives me crazy. I'm not afraid to edit. Yeah, I have issues.

Why is he in Jeff Parish? Leave that place at once man.

Any politician not committed to legalizing marijuana can't forget my vote. This is just beyond stupid at this point.

I mean, it's against the law and he's susceptible to drug tests...so not the best decision making. Still, hard to be that worked up over the sticky icky.

It certainly is a disparity, but under the policy an arrest is considered "behavior", which is another way to get a violation (apart from a positive test). Other "behavior" could include a social-media post or something like that. I think the league would say that as long as the substance is listed by the policy, they don't really have much sympathy on how the actual incident comes about . . . if there is competent evidence of the behavior, it's a violation.

Understand all of this, but wouldn’t you agree that teams like ours in a state like ours is at greater risk of a player being caught doing the act, since ours can be arrested?

If Onyemata played for the Broncos, was doing the exact same thing in Denver, Colorado, and months from now passes a drug test, this never becomes an issue. But since he lives in Louisiana, the issue gets brought to light and he will now have to enter the league's drug protocol. That's an imbalance in the rules that needs to be addressed.

Last edited:
So sick of the so called war on drugs destroying people's lives . In most cases it does way more harm than good. It has created an atmosphere at the local level where the most vulnerable are preyed upon by both sides of the prism. In plain language it's just wrong and there is some evil hearted bastages at the root of it too.

Marijuana is not a victimless crime. Maybe the end user is doing something simple and not hurting anyone, but when you look at the path of where the marijuana comes from and the lives it wrecks to the end user then you see the victims. Cartels control so much and they are violent. Children are used as drug mules, murdered for not doing it etc. They say in the 80's if you did cocaine it most likely came from Pablo Escobar and you can see how many lives he ruined. Look at El Chapo and you see the same thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom