Underhill tweet: David Onyemata arrested for possession of marijuana. (1 Viewer)

KCWhoDat

Formerly known as Saints4ever
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO and anywhere my company sends me.
To be fair, you also have a lot of big government types that have a lot invested in staffing up law enforcement agencies to bust people with marijuana. The government makes a ton of money from asset siezures related to drug busts
That and investment in big pharmaceutical companies. Freaking sad man...

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Legal by a gov’t., just like alcohol, does not equate to being legal, within a company. That said, he broke the league rules. And he broke local and state laws. So he’ll face the consequences. DUMMY!

While we all have varied opinions on whether or not pot should be legal, that is a different story.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Legal by a gov’t., just like alcohol, does not equate to being legal, within a company. That said, he broke the league rules. And he broke local and state laws. So he’ll face the consequences. DUMMY!

While we all have varied opinions on whether or not pot should be legal, that is a different story.
Agree. Legalization is another debate. He broke the law, team and NFL rules. Whether he is discipline or not, that is on them. Personally I don't believe it is that serious, INITIALLY, but will see. But need to separate this debate about what the state should or shouldn't do.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Okay. Like I said before, dumb. But not JPSO being dumb ... it's on Onyemata. Dude. That's not just dumb, that's galactically stupid. He deserves the suspension he'll get.

ETA: Well, wait. I forget the background he's dealing with. Still dumb but I'll give him a small pass and bet this teach's him a HUGE lesson.

Last edited:

dutar76

3rd Year Pro
Reaction score

I've read that +80% of NFL players smoke pot during the offseason for pain management. Something about them being fed pain-killers to get through the season. And if they took those pain-killers year round, they would destroy their liver/kidneys and other vital organs.

I don't really care about the politics of the pot movement. But as far as people who need it? Or people who it's a better/safer alternative for what they're going through? Man, I wouldn't call them dummies. Matter of fact... Though I don't do drugs... I've pitched in recently with a few other friends to help provide another friend who was diagnosed with stage 4 colo-rectal cancer with "something that helps him".

I don't judge. Now me personally? My kids? I preach and practice not doing it. I couldn't keep my job if I did, and it would greatly reduce their career oportunities by doing it. But somebody who needs it? Or somebody who it would benefit health-wise verses a more "legal" alternative? No... I refuse to judge.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
CBD oil is still in its infancy. Is that on the NFL banned list yet?

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
because you have a bunch of religious holier than thou folks who consider it the "Debils lettuce" and that its a gateway drug.

I cant wait til im 65 and those codgers are long gone.
I am not religious but don't tell me it can't be a gateway drug. I know a lot of people that use it responsibly but I also know quite a few people that marijuana ruined their life.

jdanton14

BRING THE WOOD!
Reaction score
I am not religious but don't tell me it can't be a gateway drug. I know a lot of people that use it responsibly but I also know quite a few people that marijuana ruined their life.
Thankfully, alcohol and opioids have never ruined anyone's life.

UndeadSnoopy

Coffin Fresh!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Okay. Like I said before, dumb. But not JPSO being dumb ... it's on Onyemata. Dude. That's not just dumb, that's galactically stupid. He deserves the suspension he'll get.

ETA: Well, wait. I forget the background he's dealing with. Still dumb but I'll give him a small pass and bet this teach's him a HUGE lesson.
Agreed. Just read the new article. NEVER do something like that through the mail. Dumb is the right word. Doesn't the man have a local "connection"? It's not that hard. I could find a new connection in high school just by bringing up the movie Dazed and Confused.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed. Just read the new article. NEVER do something like that through the mail. Dumb is the right word. Doesn't the man have a local "connection"? It's not that hard. I could find a new connection in high school just by bringing up the movie Dazed and Confused.
I know, right?

And also, apologies for writing "teach's" when I meant "teaches". See, I grammar nazied myself.

UndeadSnoopy

Coffin Fresh!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know, right?

And also, apologies for writing "teach's" when I meant "teaches". See, I grammar nazied myself.
I'm obsessive about my grammer (a joke there). I'll go back and look at my posts checking for mistakes. For whatever reason, I continually screw up "your" and "you're". Drives me crazy. I'm not afraid to edit. Yeah, I have issues.

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Why is he in Jeff Parish? Leave that place at once man.

Any politician not committed to legalizing marijuana can't forget my vote. This is just beyond stupid at this point.

HburgSaints

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be surprised if a white neighbor sees a big black dude with money driving a nice car, gets a whiff of weed snooping around by his door, and concludes he must be a drug dealer...
Why a white neighbor? Why not an Asian or Hispanic neighbor?

TenTwo

Are you touched in the head or something?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I mean, it's against the law and he's susceptible to drug tests...so not the best decision making. Still, hard to be that worked up over the sticky icky.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)