Underhill tweet: David Onyemata arrested for possession of marijuana. (1 Viewer)

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
Reaction score
It certainly is a disparity, but under the policy an arrest is considered "behavior", which is another way to get a violation (apart from a positive test). Other "behavior" could include a social-media post or something like that. I think the league would say that as long as the substance is listed by the policy, they don't really have much sympathy on how the actual incident comes about . . . if there is competent evidence of the behavior, it's a violation.
Understand all of this, but wouldn’t you agree that teams like ours in a state like ours is at greater risk of a player being caught doing the act, since ours can be arrested?

If Onyemata played for the Broncos, was doing the exact same thing in Denver, Colorado, and months from now passes a drug test, this never becomes an issue. But since he lives in Louisiana, the issue gets brought to light and he will now have to enter the league's drug protocol. That's an imbalance in the rules that needs to be addressed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So sick of the so called war on drugs destroying people's lives . In most cases it does way more harm than good. It has created an atmosphere at the local level where the most vulnerable are preyed upon by both sides of the prism. In plain language it's just wrong and there is some evil hearted bastages at the root of it too.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Marijuana is not a victimless crime. Maybe the end user is doing something simple and not hurting anyone, but when you look at the path of where the marijuana comes from and the lives it wrecks to the end user then you see the victims. Cartels control so much and they are violent. Children are used as drug mules, murdered for not doing it etc. They say in the 80's if you did cocaine it most likely came from Pablo Escobar and you can see how many lives he ruined. Look at El Chapo and you see the same thing.

Shadeaux

TheMatrix~Ak41/Mi22
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Marijuana is not a victimless crime. Maybe the end user is doing something simple and not hurting anyone, but when you look at the path of where the marijuana comes from and the lives it wrecks to the end user then you see the victims. Cartels control so much and they are violent. Children are used as drug mules, murdered for not doing it etc. They say in the 80's if you did cocaine it most likely came from Pablo Escobar and you can see how many lives he ruined. Look at El Chapo and you see the same thing.

Exactly why it needs to be legalized now. Take the violent cartels out of the equation. No reason at all for it to be a crime, victimless or not.

nelopiceral1

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Not when it's grown legally. Like here. There are farms just like any other crop. You can also just grow your own...you can buy plants at the shops. I have friends that have done it. With all due respect, your argument is someone's grandma's view of the situation.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm obsessive about my grammer (a joke there). I'll go back and look at my posts checking for mistakes. For whatever reason, I continually screw up "your" and "you're". Drives me crazy. I'm not afraid to edit. Yeah, I have issues.
You quoted me before I could edit my original post. I elected to leave it intact to maintain my integrity ....... or something.

UndeadSnoopy

Coffin Fresh!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You quoted me before I could edit my original post. I elected to leave it intact to maintain my integrity ....... or something.
Hate when that happens. Then it's stuck out there forever. Incredibly irritating. And yes, I'm aware those aren't complete sentences. I definitely need help.

literature

All-Pro
Reaction score
Why a white neighbor? Why not an Asian or Hispanic neighbor?
For starters, because whites make up 80.4% of Elmwood’s population but asians and hispanics only make up 9.8% combined

your post is bad

EDIT: You gave me a dead falcon and your post is still bad

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not when it's grown legally. Like here. There are farms just like any other crop. You can also just grow your own...you can buy plants at the shops. I have friends that have done it. With all due respect, your argument is someone's grandma's view of the situation.
At the moment it is illegal so all of the money goes to cartels etc. yes there are farms in legal states. I get that. Until it is legalized everywhere this will continue to be the problem. Should it be legal? I don't really care. I don't use it now, won't use it if is legal. And yes I have smoked weed. The Marines wrecked my knees and my back isn't too good either. It definitely helped me with the pain. But you are putting the cart before the horse. We had a vote last year for marijuana in Wisconsin, not to legalize it but for some sort of study. I voted yes. I personally stretch and deal with the pain.

Shadeaux

TheMatrix~Ak41/Mi22
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For starters, because whites make up 80.4% of Elmwood’s population but asians and hispanics only make up 9.8% combined

your post is bad

EDIT: You gave me a dead falcon and your post is still bad

I gave you one too. Quit making everything about race that doesn't need to be. Your post was stupid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom