Underhill tweet: David Onyemata arrested for possession of marijuana (2/7/2019) (2 Viewers)

If it came from a legal source no way. The laws surrounding California’s weed industry mandate testing for chemicals, fungi and the like. It’s what has made the legalization here go so slow is the testing portion to meet state requirements. Many cancer and aids patients smoke weed, and impurities like fungi or bacteria can easily become a health crisis. Sorry, but legal California weed is pretty clean.

Also, in response tot he cartel stuff. With all the states out here legalizing, most of the cartels have gotten out of the business because there is not enough money for the risk. The bottom has fallen out of the cheap weed. My buddy grows for a guy in Colorado. He was inquiring what he should grow this year. His guy took him to his storage shed and showed him how much he couldn’t move because the market is so saturated right now he was about to start burning in his fireplace to get rid of all of it.

I understand how the legally regulated product works, I send out mandatory samples for testing every 3 weeks before I can even give it to the processor for handling....BUT, I also know people who hold a processing AND a compliance license, and they also dump rejected product to the black market for a cheap ticket. I never did have to go that route because I give a rip about what my clients ingest so I don't use chemicals (or even synthetics, for that matter)

For the record, a saturated market demands quality. I live in a saturated market, and produce upwards of 40lbs cured flower every 6 weeks, on top of the many extracts. My biggest problem is that I cannot keep up with demand. I'm a licensed, regulated, completely organic, and 100% legal marijuana business.

Enough with the serious stuff, I should have just made the comment that people in Elmwood got jealous of him, he had that fluer de AaiYee!

I were to get something shipped in it would be from British Columbia. It would be nice if the NFL would educate themselves and get rid of the pain pills and introduce CBD oils for pain and muscle relaxation. The vicodin is ruining these players bodies way quicker than any form marijuana ever will. Then again it's all about money not player health as we all know too well.

He made a mistake but bottom line is his employer forbids it. Hopefully this doesn't become a problem because at some point we will lose a very good player. I have a feeling his teammates will keep him in line along with Payton. Hopefully nothing more pops up regarding this subject.

So let me get this straight... Roby appeals his fine for the hit on TLL, Goodell makes a deal with Roby. Roby then mails a little weed to TLL via Onyematas address as an "I'm sorry" gift. Onyemata, having lived in Canada where it's legal, thinks nothing of it, but a call from a white dude, (Goodell) gets the cops to go kick in Onyematas door and bust him. Therefore the Saints are down to one, maybe two DTs for the first 4 games of the season, and TLL didnt even get to enjoy his present from Roby....

Got it.

So let me get this straight... Roby appeals his fine for the hit on TLL, Goodell makes a deal with Roby. Roby then mails a little weed to TLL via Onyematas address as an "I'm sorry" gift. Onyemata, having lived in Canada where it's legal, thinks nothing of it, but a call from a white dude, (Goodell) gets the cops to go kick in Onyematas door and bust him. Therefore the Saints are down to one, maybe two DTs for the first 4 games of the season, and TLL didnt even get to enjoy his present from Roby....

Got it.

This needs to be addressed in the next CBA. It is very unfair that teams located in states where marijuana is legal don’t have to worry about their players being arrested and put into the protocol and potentially suspended.

No different than alcohol being legal and having to conform to a company policy that prohibits alcohol at your place of work, or in your system, of any amount. The argument about making marijuana legal, has nothing to do with someone violating a company policy, or a contract. They can make marijuana legal throughout the country, but just like alcohol, companies etc., are still going to have rules where an employee cannot have it on them, or in their system at their place of work. If you get high on the weekend; so be it. But it you were to get a random on Monday morning, oh well. Your loss.

Moral of the story. You know the rules. You know the consequences. Be smart and abide. If not, you run the risk of ruining a good thing for yourself. Pretty simple. "Stay in your lane, bro".

Legal by a gov’t., just like alcohol, does not equate to being legal, within a company. That said, he broke the league rules. And he broke local and state laws. So he’ll face the consequences. DUMMY!

While we all have varied opinions on whether or not pot should be legal, that is a different story.

False equivalency. Most companies I know allow drinking at company social/business events. Mine even allows you to charge the company card for it. And they most certainly don't care if you drink at home.

The NFL rule enforcement on marijuana is gray, however.

Sometimes, the person isn't the DUMMY. The local and state laws are the DUMMY. Thats what needs to be changed. They are horribly outdated.

It is time to change our marijuana laws. If anyone should be able to use medical cannabis pro athletes should. Not mad at police for doing their job but damn these laws are draconian and old fashioned.

What does "white" dude, have to do with the nature of this event? Because someone of any race is perceived as being bad, in general, is relevant? A racist mentality, strikes again.

Not really... I was just in a joking mood and took a few talking points from other comments further back in the thread and mixed it in with some Seinfeld meets Simpsons rant and Dennis Miller logic and made a post with nothing aimed at anybody.

And for the record I'm a middle aged white male with pretty much zero political give a crap or leanings on social issues. I leave all that to other people. I just try to live by the golden rule as cliche' and altruistic as that sounds.

No different than alcohol being legal and having to conform to a company policy that prohibits alcohol at your place of work, or in your system, of any amount. The argument about making marijuana legal, has nothing to do with someone violating a company policy, or a contract. They can make marijuana legal throughout the country, but just like alcohol, companies etc., are still going to have rules where an employee cannot have it on them, or in their system at their place of work. If you get high on the weekend; so be it. But it you were to get a random on Monday morning, oh well. Your loss.

Moral of the story. You know the rules. You know the consequences. Be smart and abide. If not, you run the risk of ruining a good thing for yourself. Pretty simple. "Stay in your lane, bro".

Completely misssd the point. What I am saying is that the playing field is uneven right now. A person playing in Denver currently does not have to worry about being caught via an arrest.

Yes, in both cases, a company policy is being violated, but with the current rules, one player has to worry about being caught by the police or by a drug test while another player only has to worry about the drug test part.

Something needs to be figured out here.

There's this thing called the Earhart Expressway, which is mostly empty. This is New Orleans not Houston.
U mean the same Earhart expressway that joe Morgan was caught sleeping in his car that got him hit with a dwi?
Nothing wrong with the man living next to work. Just got to make better choices and have a dr note :)

There is more pressing matters like...

He lives in an APT after getting paid 1.5 million and got 2 more coming his way.... WHAT? Just buy a house already... Get that Equity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom