Underhill tweet: Okafor’s contract to void next month.(Thread bumped from last year) (1 Viewer)

I want an upgrade anyway Davenport is suppose to takeover that starting role Full time of things pan out and I’d take Oakafor all day as the #3 DE but I wouldn’t mind a upgrade either Anazah is a prime Canidadate

Extra draft picks and cap space. While AJ Klein played better this season, I don’t think Saints will keep him around. Is Peat worth $9million playing Guard?

Who do you intend to replace them with? You're talking about giving away starters for draft picks and having nobody to replace them with. Peat played with a broken hand so it's tough to tell with him. Keep in mind he also can play LT when...not if...when Armstead gets hurt. Who are you going to put over there if Bushrod doesn't come back? Some garbage street free agent like Chaz Green? You don't usually get great value trading players for picks in the NFL so it has to be someone you're really wanting to get rid of. Hendrickson? He's young, cheap, and has upside. He's our top backup DE if we lose Okafor so that makes absolutely no sense.

Extra draft picks and cap space. While AJ Klein played better this season, I don’t think Saints will keep him around. Is Peat worth $9million playing Guard?
Klein...maybe. but Peat? No. Give him an extension that being his salary down.

Idk why everyone is sleeping on davenport. He flashed some really good pass rush potential and he was way better in the run game than anyone predicted. I think he takes a step forward and earns the starting role even if okafor stays.

DL is the priority in the off season. Okafor wants a BIG payday so I don't think the Saints will go that route. Rankins will be out until mid season probably. Davidson is going to look for a bigger payday also and Onyamata situation is just trouble. It's his first offense I think so I don't think he will get suspended but it will be a distraction.

Idk why everyone is sleeping on davenport. He flashed some really good pass rush potential and he was way better in the run game than anyone predicted. I think he takes a step forward and earns the starting role even if okafor stays.

Struggles to stay healthy. Questions about offseason work ethic preventing him from taking the next step forward and potentially contributing to a number of nagging/recurrent injuries. Solid when on the field, but questions about availability and his desire to be great.

Struggles to stay healthy. Questions about offseason work ethic preventing him from taking the next step forward and potentially contributing to a number of nagging/recurrent injuries. Solid when on the field, but questions about availability and his desire to be great.

I'm kind of curious to the folks that gave this comment a face palm ...

What exactly did Sammy say that wasn't accurate? Davenport is a promising young talent however no one can disagree that the kid has struggled with injuries the last 2 seasons & the dawg like mentality to play through pain?

I'm kind of curious to the folks that gave this comment a face palm ...

What exactly did Sammy say that wasn't accurate? Davenport is a promising young talent however no one can disagree that the kid has struggled with injuries the last 2 seasons & the dawg like mentality to play through pain?

I was answering the question of why some are down on Davenport. It doesn't even mean that I agree with the opinions. Some people will get frustrated if there is something remotely negative said about Saints players or something that a contrary to what certain beat writers/Saints media or Saints front office says. It's what it is...no biggie.

What are the questions about his off season work ethic? Maybe I missed it but I don't recall this. Also he has had 2 foot injuries which are significant for a defensive lineman. Maybe it's just bad luck. It could be that the front office just missed on him, it happens. I am willing to give him & the front office some time but I do agree that the team needs an adequate backup that can play a significant amount of plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom