Underhill tweet on OBJ vs. Sterling Moore (1 Viewer)

BlackNGoldblood

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OBJ with Sterling Moore in direct coverage last year: 3 catches, 6 targets, 34 yards. Interception, PBU, PBU, forced fumble</p>&mdash; Nick Underhill (@nick_underhill) <a href="https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/776544297206239232">September 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not too shabby...

If he's that good, then why were we able to pick him up last week? It's an honest question as I do not know much about Moore.

If he's that good, then why were we able to pick him up last week? It's an honest question as I do not know much about Moore.
Devine intervention?

Interesting.

FRwWaK7.jpg

Maybe he's just really good at covering OBJ, you know like Dustin Hoffman in Rainman can count that theres 246 toothpicks on the floor but he can't keep himself from farting in a telephone booth.

Lonnie Smith hit .500 vs Nolan Ryan......sometimes guys just have other guys' numbers.

I really don't understand the mechanics of how someone could be a good slot corner, but not an outside corner. But he's apparently a very good slot corner, and struggles on the outside.

Interesting factoid: Moore was the guy who hit Lee Evans' arm and made him drop that sure touchdown in the 2011 AFC Championship game.

Slot corners can usually play a trailing technique and they generally dont have to worry about seam routes because slot receicers usually dont try and take the big hit from the safeties like a TE. It's more about lateral quickness. If a boundry corner is slower than the receiver they're covering then they have to give big cushions where as you.never see that in the slot.

Because of injury and bad play at corner Moore was forced to play on the outside for the bucs. Their fans liked his play. He did well against good WR, like against OBJ. Bucs didn't want to keep him for some reason so he went to the bills, they had other good corner and he didn't really play well in preseason so he ended up in new orleans. And no, the bucs didn't have a very good pass rush.

Because of injury and bad play at corner Moore was forced to play on the outside for the bucs. Their fans liked his play. He did well against good WR, like against OBJ. Bucs didn't want to keep him for some reason so he went to the bills, they had other good corner and he didn't really play well in preseason so he ended up in new orleans. And no, the bucs didn't have a very good pass rush.

Compared to us, the LA Dodgers have a godlike pass rush.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom