Underhill -- Would the Saints really trade Brandin Cooks? It's beginning to look realistic (1 Viewer)

If cooks switched agents months ago it means that during Cooks exit interview they were aware he would seek a trade and the entire time SP has been saying"we absolutely expect him back" its been coach speak to maintain his value.

FWIW

What players in this year's draft would Cooks be an even trade for?

There are at least a half dozen, more then likely a dozen defensive players that would improve our team if things were all equal. It's hard to take away that Cooks has real NFL production, where as Draftees have only done it in college, but there are some really good looking players that would start on our defense day one. It's a deep first day draft on defense which is just what this FO needs. . .walk away with two starters and we would be right back in play off contention.

Now trusting the FO to not waste two firsts on moving up 5 spots and picking some project that know one sees in the top 10 is very likely. That's the part that scares me. I could see this franchise being in love with say Dalvin Cook and moving up 6 spots to get him, when he likely would have been there at 11 if he is the guy they wanted. . . both Cooks and Ingram are good examples of that.

Sean was on ESPN (Mike Tripplet just tweeted it) saying that Loomis is just using everything to improve the defense.. draft picks, FA, and looking at what talent we have. They aren't dangling Cooks out there, and Sean said he talks to Cooks, but that they're listening to offers, if it's worth it.

Maybe someone can link the video for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom