Underrated Movie Quotes (2 Viewers)

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
A recent thread inspired me to go back and watch True Grit (2010) again. Coen Brothers movies are always good for some amazing dialogue and True Grit definitely delivers. These aren't the best lines in cinematic history, but I think they're pretty underrated as far as movie quotes go. You probably won't find them on anyone's "best" list. Feel free to add your own. Underrated of course. So, frankly if you don't give a damn or think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship, save yourself the trouble. We've heard it before. Or if you think we'll need a bigger boat to carry this thread, thanks but no thanks for the advice. What are your favorite underrated movie quotes?

True Grit
"Don't believe in fairy tales or sermons or stories about money, baby sister. But thanks for the cigarette."

"i always go backwards when i'm backing up"

Sixteeen Candles - Grandpa Howard on phone reporting Long Duk Dong's being missing:

“What was he wearing? Well, uh, let's see, he was wearing a red argyle sweater, and tan trousers, and red shoes... Hmm? No, he's not mentally challenged.”

Hmm, it seems the word he used which rhymes with etarded gets changed to mentally challenged.

From the Movie "Parenthood" (1989) delivered by Keanu Reeves' character Todd Higgins

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog. You need a license to drive a car. Hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any 'bleep-bleeping' 'bleep' be a father."

Feel free to google the actual quote; I don't wish to incur the wrath of the Mods.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom