Undisciplined. Bad play calling. Lackluster. = Coaching (1 Viewer)

The biggest issue is a lack of discipline. That trickles down to every other part of the game. The OL doesn't seem able to pick up on blitzes. JW looks like he has PTSD even on the odd chance he does have time. Generally, he doesn't have time. On defense, the run defense is not the shutdown "D" we had in the past. The interior line is weak. This is limiting the pass rush on every down on everything but obvious passing downs. The defense overall isn't bad, but when the offense sputters, a slow bleed of points leads to a two-score deficit in the fourth.

The Bottom line is we need the OL to figure out how to pick on the blitz. Moreover, DA is no SP SP was more than a great play-caller, he was a better leader who enforced discipline.

----
Great post, agree 100%

I didn't think this would be the case but we might miss Sean Payton more than Drew. We are not a good football team.
We were out coached and out played by a team that had lost 9 straight and has a crappy quarterback. Guess we were spoiled for years. Penalties, mental mistakes, not replacing a struggling qb. DA said he learned from his mistakes in Oakland. This small sample size indicates otherwise. Bad….

We were out coached and out played by a team that had lost 9 straight and has a crappy quarterback. Guess we were spoiled for years. Penalties, mental mistakes, not replacing a struggling qb. DA said he learned from his mistakes in Oakland. This small sample size indicates otherwise. Bad….
Last team they’d beaten was us. Lol
Winning in the NFL requires talent and youth. While experience is great, by the time most guys understand everything they need to know, they are past their prime and want a mint to play for you. The Saints are simply out of money. We spent it all on players who are approaching (or past) their prime. We have applied the idea for the last few years that we are just a player or two from taking us back to the promised land. All the while our older puzzle pieces haven’t improved to the level we need from them. Now we have a locker room full of ineffective players with the bill collectors knocking on our door.

We’re going to be forced to rebuild soon even if that wasn’t the plan. I don’t think that we can rebuild from within. That ship has sailed.
Wonderful post.

I believe that Allen is, again, in over his head. He needs to admit that Winston is too injured to be worth much of anything, and start Big Red. And if Thomas and Landry are missing for any length of time, the season may be over before the 4th game. I hate to be so negative, but I know I'm watching a poorly prepared team, and a very over matched team...well except for the Falcons! LOL!
The defense played good enough to win 2 weeks in a row. His impact on the team is always gonna be on that side of the ball. Making him head coach secures that impact. Protection was decent two weeks in a row. Winston is simply not playing very well.

The defense played good enough to win 2 weeks in a row. His impact on the team is always gonna be on that side of the ball. Making him head coach secures that impact. Protection was decent two weeks in a row. Winston is simply not playing very well.
To date, Winston does not seem to have any idea on how to audible out of a play when a blitz in coming. Either he does not recognize blitz looks or just sticks with a long developing play that consistently fails due to pressure/sacks. This is a huge issue and until corrected, including OL recognition as well, teams will be bringing the house every chance they can!

The last two off-season have been brutal for us ,but at least we were winning games (thanks to SP)
Now ,even the future don't looks really good
When the head coach says that he will still starts his injured QB and we just have to play better ,he either bad at being HC or just stupid. He was so good as a DC but being 9-30 as a head coach isn't a mistake

Playcalling and coaching Is a major part of it, Saints have no Identity of what type of team they want to be on offense until they figure that out the team isn't going anywhere. On top of that the penalties don't help at all. That's why you can have great to good talent and not be successful. I'm hoping they figure things out for a turn around and late push.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom