Undisputed (1 Viewer)

3 runs and fg.

First down, run for no gain - Rams TO - 1:53 left
Second down, run for no gain - Rams TO - 1:47 left
Third down, run for no gain - 1:00 left
Fourth down, FG - :55 left
Kickoff deep, Rams get ball at the 25 with :55 left

Not sure how you're getting 40 seconds. And this is assuming there are no penalties on any of these plays.

Gee, I wish I had seen your post before trying to make mine.

Oh well...

PI would’ve been a defensive penalty and game clock would’ve started when the ball was set. Rams would’ve had to use the final TO. Saints literally could’ve kneeled 3 times and kicked with 0:00 on the clock. They stole the game.

Shannon is from georgia, a falcon fan and has no love for the Saints. He wanted the Saints to loose so that we could not play the Superbowl in atlanta.

PI would’ve been a defensive penalty and game clock would’ve started when the ball was set. Rams would’ve had to use the final TO. Saints literally could’ve kneeled 3 times and kicked with 0:00 on the clock. They stole the game.

I did not know that. Wow. The burn is real. Sigh

I can’t believe that there are people who claim to love the game but are happy to ignore what this blatant missed call is telling us about the game.

That's just it. I've not read or heard anyone who disagrees or is ignoring the blatant missed call.

The whole world saw it.

It's just that some of us aren't totally focused on it and believe that the team shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

I can’t believe that there are people who claim to love the game but are happy to ignore what this blatant missed call is telling us about the game.

GrayMan -Really good stuff. Thx. And that feeling is still with me and very unsettling. The owners greed is so out of control. Somehow, they got LA in the SB which the league needed badly and the huge NE market Pats. Both in OT. To the Owners and Goodell, that is a perfect big money script for the NFL owners. Over time, especially as the SB nears, except for us Who Dats, this controversial non call will begin to fade and what the NFL will promote is LA versus the Pats, both decided in OT.

I am still sick to my stomach over this.......

With the PI, the Saints would have run the clock out, kicked the field goal and the game was over, PERIOD. You guys trying to argue the Rams would have had time to score the tying field goal are completely wrong. The non-call made it possible for the Rams to move down the field with time to tie the game, PERIOD! The Rams would have had to burn their last time out after the Saints first down run or kneel. Then the next to kneels would have ran the clock down and the Saints would have had the chance to kick the winning field goal, PERIOD! The non-call cost the Saints the opportunity to finish the game in regulation. PERIOD!

It's just that some of us aren't totally focused on it and believe that the team shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

I don’t understand how any Saints fan can have such ridiculously high standards. This is a team that’s made it to the NFC championship 3 times in 52 years. Suddenly, we’re expected to be so good that we should not only defeat a top 4 team in the NFL, but beat them by enough that we can overcome the worst call in the history of the nfl.

And I challenge you to come up with a worse call given the time period and the significance of the play. I believe Bill Simmons has already called it such, and he has no allegiance to the Saints.

I don’t understand how any Saints fan can have such ridiculously high standards. This is a team that’s made it to the NFC championship 3 times in 52 years. Suddenly, we’re expected to be so good that we should not only defeat a top 4 team in the NFL, but beat them by enough that we can overcome the worst call in the history of the nfl.

And I challenge you to come up with a worse call given the time period and the significance of the play. I believe Bill Simmons has already called it such, and he has no allegiance to the Saints.

His location is St. Louis, so he probably is a Rams fan.

That's just it. I've not read or heard anyone who disagrees or is ignoring the blatant missed call.

The whole world saw it.

I'll never understand this reasoning. If the teams both played to a stalemate, then that missed call is the difference in the game. We were in the lead nearly the entire game, and the Rams never quit. And I didn't expect them to. There are no gimmes in the NFCCG.

There's no other way to look at the no call than something that robbed the Saints of a legitimate opportunity to finish a game they deserved to win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom