Unemployment Rate Lowest in 5 1/2 Years [BUMPED UP FROM 2006] (1 Viewer)

>>thanks, now i will exit the soap box

No, thank you. :hihi:

TPS

It really shouldn't be very surprising. Every time we are in a major long term war, unemployment goes down. We need people to build new planes, bombs, bullets, guns, rocket, trucks, etc. I'm not sure it is worth the exchange. Add in the number of people working to rebuild the Gulf Coast and it all makes sense.

But, I do agree with Blackadder that a President has very little to do with the economy or unemployment rates. That is of course unless he does something to hurt it, i.e. Clinton's crusade against Microsoft or appointing the wrong head of the Federal Reserve. IMO, the only thing a President can do in regard to the economy is hurt it.

That's about the size of it. But if he sells an ill advised policy, he's not alone. He's got to get Congress to pass his legislation. In which case there is plenty of blame to go around.

Does Congress have to approve the Fed Chair???

That's about the size of it. But if he sells an ill advised policy, he's not alone. He's got to get Congress to pass his legislation. In which case there is plenty of blame to go around.

Does Congress have to approve the Fed Chair???

Appoinment must be confirmed by Congress.

homer-thinking.gif

Lot of names on this thread that haven't been seen in a while.

Ahhh, the good old days.

A couple trillion here and there and we will return to those low unemployment numbers one day.

A couple trillion here and there and we will return to those low unemployment numbers one day.
Everything has been juiced to a degree by deficit spending in "pump-priming" all along.

The answer, therefore, is more of the same.

No President deserves as much credit or blame as they get for the economy.

Our 11 $trillion (up to 15 yet?) economy is not subject to micromanagement to anyone in the Oval office. It is a misperception.

Voters blame the President when things are going poorly. President's take credit when times are good, or at least not bad.

It should be neither.

Exactly -- but not sure the purpose of this thread

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom