University of New Orleans 7 LSU 4 in Baton Rogue (1 Viewer)

This final?

Whoa, you're kidding! Yikes. Coach m needs to stop the bleeding. I might have to retract my earlier statement about this being a super regional type team and lose to whoever we play... we will see, I'm not changing it yet. They can probably do well in the regional format, especially if we get the regional.... But I'm not surprised to see us struggle. Nobody wanted to talk about alllllllllllllll the key pieces we lost last year. Guess what, you can't just replace those guys. Hopefully we straighten them out. It will work out guys. Give em a time.

LSU has been playing sloppy all year but I have a hunch they will get it together in time to make another run at Omaha :9:

besides Ranaudo and Ott, LSU does not have any elite pitching. LSU got really screwed when the Pirates and Phillies offered ZVR and Brady Colvin huge amounts of money to sign right before the deadline, both were quoted the day before signing contracts they was coming to LSU to pitch. LSU's pitching situation looks worse next year too, as our top 3 pitching prospects are projected to go high in the MLB draft.

besides Ranaudo and Ott, LSU does not have any elite pitching. LSU got really screwed when the Pirates and Phillies offered ZVR and Brady Colvin huge amounts of money to sign right before the deadline, both were quoted the day before signing contracts they was coming to LSU to pitch. LSU's pitching situation looks worse next year too, as our top 3 pitching prospects are projected to go high in the MLB draft.

That's pretty much why college baseball will never be a marquee sport like football or basketball. Too many of the best players (especially pitchers) never play an inning of college baseball.

I think LSU will be okay. They may not repeat or even make the CWS, but I think they will begin to turn it around soon. There's too much talent to continue playing this way.

LSU was getting crushed 7-0 by the Florida Gators in the Bottom of the 5th when the game was suspended from a lightning delay till tomorrow. This game will be finshed after the 2nd game which will be brodcasted on ESPNU at 1 PM central.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom