Uniwatch blog talks about the Saints Uniform (1 Viewer)

Simo

Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/09/19/design-a-cap-contest/
New Orleans Saints: The Saints have some classic unis, and i really like them. They’re not BFBS, but there is just one little problem. Maybe two. First, when they wear black pants, the pants are devoid of any kind of stripe, and they like to wear black leggings, giving them the leotard look. They also have the propensity towards the monochrome leotard look (although, to my knowledge, this season they haven’t broken out the black pants yet). But we know they will, it’s only a matter of time. So, to fix the Saints, I propose they place a simple stripe on them, and ditch the black leggings in favor of white striped socks. It’s not even a new concept, they used to sport a similar look. And there was nothing wrong with that look. One other slight tweak I would offer for the Saints (other than never wearing monochrome black), would be to add a white stripe to the thick black stripe on their pants (they currently look like this). Finally, the fact that the old gold on the helmet or the pants does NOT match the old gold numbers really bothers me. So, as long as we add the stripe to the gold pants, lets get that gold on the jersey to match the gold on the helmet. See? Minor tweaks can really make that uni sharp!

Many of the things we hear complaints about on this board.

The fact that we have three different colors has always bothered me. Why can't we match the helmet with the numbers and pants?

I love Uniwatch. Always fun to see the small tweaks teams do each season. It seems some change small things inexplicably and almost always make them worse.

I just CANT think the front office thinks those all black leotards look like football! Looks more like Flashdance. Single stripe would be enough for me BUT the white and black stripe would be great. Also, going back to the 1967 look would be PROPER! Like the NY Jets did.

<------ and i'm gonna fix how the gold in the badge does not match the helmet in my avatar...

the statement made by uni watch is absolute perfection and I totally agree and advocate for his ever word to become reality......i pray it does

Hated it!

hatedit.jpg

I agree with most all of y'all. I hate the uni's the way they are. I know planning goes into the uni every year and meetings, etc. Meaning it's a big thing for pro teams ane their uniforms, so we must have a color blind assistant in charge of uni's? LOL - For God sake could we atleast match the colors?

Good find OP! I agree w/ most on here that are uni's are classic and great, we just need to match the golds! The black helmet would be great to, but I know that I am barking up the wrong tree w/ most of y'all on that issue.

I just CANT think the front office thinks those all black leotards look like football! Looks more like Flashdance. Single stripe would be enough for me BUT the white and black stripe would be great. Also, going back to the 1967 look would be PROPER! Like the NY Jets did.
It's pretty well documented that the players really dig the "all black" look...

I love the all black personally. Though Brees was quoted somewhere saying he likes when they wear white. I would assume it's for vision vs. style though.

ALL BLACK is the best UNI in the league. Even McCray says they like wearing it for big games..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom