UNOME_BROTHER Senior Bowl Standouts Day 2 Practice (1 Viewer)

unome_brother

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I put this together for you guys, let me know what you think.

North Positives

4 Eddie Royal WR 5-10 181 Virginia Tech - looked very smooth in everything he did. In and out of routes easily. Ran the deep routes exceptionally well.

4 Thomas DeCoud DB 6-1 196 California * - Safety prospect with hips like a corner, in fact he was a former corner. Had 107 tackles in 2007. I really like this kid, he can come up in coverage in Dime packages and not miss a beat.

7 Chad Henne QB 6-2 225 Michigan – Never was really high on Henne but he has impressed me lately. I wonder if he shook off some injuries and is actually a good QB.

10 John David Booty QB 6-3 210 USC – See Chad Henne.

13 Charles Godfrey DB 5-11 207 Iowa – Just think he’s been solid in man to man coverage. I’m looking at these practices as a Saints scout so our coverage scheme is what I’m looking for and I think he fits it.

17 Lavelle Hawkins WR 5-11 186 California – very fluid receiver, he has great speed and quickness and moves to get open.

19 Tracy Porter DB 5-11 181 Indiana * - very impressed with Porter over the first two practices. See Godfrey. I think he fits the Saints scheme well and would be a great #2 CB for us. Now if we only could get a #1. MM please heal quickly.

44 Jordon Dizon LB 6-0 221 Colorado – very solid tackler. I’m not sure about Dizon but I did notice he knocked the snot out of people on contact and personally I liked that. Not sure where he will wind up position wise though, kind of a small kid.

49 Sedrick Ellis DL 6-1 307 USC *- Didn’t know he was such a beast. Didn’t know he was so intense. I actually wouldn’t mind him at 10.

55 Keith Rivers LB 6-3 237 USC – Has all the tools athletically. I think he lacks intensity at the LB position. At this point I don’t think he’s worth a top 10 pick. I know we need a LB but I’m just not sure he’s what we need at either strong side or middle.

77 Gosder Cherilus OL 6-7 313 Boston College – very mean, will be a good run blocker, has to work a little on his technique in the pass blocking scemes but I was very impressed

South Positives

5 Andre Caldwell WR 6-0 203 Florida – did everything well today. Makes me wonder what happened in that whacked out Florida system. Did you guys hear about Urban Meyer blatantly lying to kids in recruiting and trying to sabotage them if they sign somewhere else? That’s way worse than Coach Saban and we all know he’ll do anything for a $.

7 Ali Highsmith LB 6-0 221 LSU- Honestly, I watched Ali for four years, but he impressed me more in this practice. He just looked more polished than all the other linebackers on the south squad. P.S. anyone know what happened to Tavares Gooden? I was looking forward to seeing him.

21 Chevis Jackson DB 6-0 191 LSU- See Ali Highsmith. I’m confused on why they have Chevis pegged as a cover 2 corner? I know he straight line speed is inferior but I don’t remember Chevis ever getting burned badly.

22 DJ Hall WR 6-2 189 Alabama- solid, speedy, always impressed me.

34 Leodis McKelvin DB 5-11 186 Troy **- I think Mayok got to me, I absolutely love this kids film and skill set. He moved all the way from a second rounder into the top ten. I wouldn’t be mad at the Saints for picking this kid at 10. The funny thing is I have a feeling he knows his weaknesses in ball skills and will correct them and be a pro bowl corner within 3 years. Write it down folks.

77 Chris Williams OL 6-6 317 Vanderbilt – great pass blocker, not sure how his run blocking is but he toyed with the D Linemen today.

Last edited:
hey guys, is this helpful or i guess worth reading? i was thinking of doing focus threads of potential Saints targets leading up to the draft.

Please keep posting. I love this stuff. To most people, football season will be over after the Superbowl. We all know that it just moves into a different phase, the FA / pre-draft phase. Then comes the draft, then comes the minicamps, training camp. It's almost as good as the actual games...

defenitly keep posting i love it... im a draft freak and i love soaking up as much info about the prospect as i can. THANKS MAN

Very nice post, OP. I definately don't have the time to compile these opinions - even if I knew how. You're providing us all with a valuable service.

>>P.S. anyone know what happened to Tavares Gooden? I was looking forward to seeing him.

He went home with a hip injury after weighing in.

>>P.S. anyone know what happened to Tavares Gooden? I was looking forward to seeing him.

He went home with a hip injury after weighing in.

it must have been one mean scale.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom