Unpopular Opinion #2 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
AK-41 is a special talent no doubt!!! But he is NOT built to run the rock and wear down defenses like Murray! Last night Sean stuck Murray in to save the day on those 2nd/3rd and long situations. Unreal. I was like I would feel real disrespected if I were that guy. He proves more times than not that we gash ANYBODY defense when he toting the rock. Use Kamara in certain situations with a few carries to keep the def guessing. but here we go with the Internet coaches “But we a pass first team” but to me that’s a topic for another discussion!! Really think about what I am saying here!! I know this ain’t the first time it’s being said but this time I’m stating the not so obvious about KAMARA

If he's running for 4 and 5 yards a carry I am fine with that
Nothing wrong with it. A former running back who played in N.O from 2011 to 18 would have reeled off a few big runs instead of getting stopped with a foot tackle. Murray will get you at least 3 yards every carry but he very rarely gets that big 15-20 yard run.

Nothing wrong with it. A former running back who played in N.O from 2011 to 18 would have reeled off a few big runs instead of getting stopped with a foot tackle. Murray will get you at least 3 yards every carry but he very rarely gets that big 15-20 yard run.

Well we have Kamara for that. I would prefer LM handle at least 40% of the carries at 4 and 5 a pop. Not to mention be wears down defenses. He is almost the same size as Derrick Henry

And if he did do that, then Murray wouldn't be in NO. He'd probably be the workhorse for another team.

And if he did do that, then Murray wouldn't be in NO. He'd probably be the workhorse for another team.

Murray is absolutely good enough to start for a number of current NFL teams. Why he chose to backup Kamara here, idk. And when Murray gets the ball enough, especially in 3rd and 4th quarters, he breaks some big plays.

My guess would be the reason he rarely gets the big 15-20 yard carries has more to do with his lack of touches more than anything else. I guess we'll never know unless CSP decides to feed him the ball a little more often.

I don't understand it. I watch LM bust 4-6 yard runs and then pass, pass, punt. Feed him until they stack the box, then bust them over the top with a PA pass. SMH.
This! Payton just will never do it! Also, run more out of passing sets!

Murray is absolutely good enough to start for a number of current NFL teams. Why he chose to backup Kamara here, idk. And when Murray gets the ball enough, especially in 3rd and 4th quarters, he breaks some big plays.
I'm not so sure -- maybe due to injuries. As far as I know, he has never been the unquestioned starting RB for a whole season for any other team before he arrived here. I remember he had one or two seasons in Oakland where he stepped in and played quite a bit, but it was due to injury to the starter IIRC. The grass is not greener and Kamara is by far the superior back, but he is keyed on by every defense we play on nearly every down, so yeah, sometimes Murray will get overlooked.

I like Murray and think we should use him a little more, also, but Kamara is no doubt the better back, with big- play ability every time he touches the ball. Murray got 28% of the snaps, so not too shabby.

Agree that Kamara should not consistentlynbe getting a high number of carries. Cannot agree on the merits of Murray. He may have good size--perhaps too good with his height--but he lacks the vision and instincts of the better backs in the league. He's not a bad back, but not an above average one either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom