Unprecedented Defense (Get Hype!) (1 Viewer)

OneSaintsFan

Want to Be in that Number
Reaction score
As the game started, I'm sure that I was not alone in thinking to myself "I can see Trey Hendrickson so who is that white(?) dude in the middle of the D-Line?" I'm sure the Falcons were thinking the same thing. Just like last game, the D-Line was on Heavy Rotate all game long, lining up cats all over the place, seemingly never in the same spot twice. That white dude turned out to be named Glasgow, and I guess Dennis Allen figured he'd just start getting into folks heads right away. Or else Malcolm Brown's shoe fell off and Shy Tuttle suffered a stinger running onto the field.

Combine that with our 3 safety set where CJGJ has a green light and Malcolm Jenkins can pick up press coverage anywhere. It's going to get really tough out there for offenses coming at us. I say going to get tough because we did not have all of our guys healthy today and were even back in 3 LB sets. With the rotating D-Line behind a 3 safety disguised coverage, plus Sheldon and Marshon back, it's going to get even better. We have unprecedented talent and depth on the D-Line and in the Secondary, with an All-Pro LB in between. Other folks are going to get their yards, no doubt, but this Defense is turning out to be one for the ages. They're cooking something up folks have never tasted before.

I gotta say, I’m still a skeptic for now. On every third down stop I’m looking for that yellow flag symbol to flash late.

The simple explanation is a complete shutdown of the run game. Opponents simply cant run on us right now and it forces them directly into the teeth of our dline and an improving secondary.
They have to pass the whole game and we can just tee up on the qb and feast.

This D is NASTY nasty. The DL is making life miserable and DA putting DD on the line as a down lineman on passing downs just isn’t fair, lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom