Unreleased Jimi Hendrix Tracks to Debut on Hawaii Five-0 (1 Viewer)

sykobob671

"BUGJUICE"
Reaction score
Unreleased Jimi Hendrix Tracks Will Be Heard on 'Hawaii Five-0' | TIME.com

"A special episode, airing Sunday, Jan. 20, will include a total of seven tracks recorded by the icon, The Wrap reports. All the songs will later be available on a new Jimi Hendrix album, People, Hell and Angels, which goes on sale March 5.

The Hawaii Five-0 audience will get a taste of the following songs: “Bleeding Heart,” “Mojo Man,” “Hey Gypsy Boy,” “Inside Out,” “Crash Landing,” “Hear My Train A-Comin’” and “Somewhere.”

Kinda gimmicky, but what the hell, i have never seen the show, but i will catch it.

I've never seen the show either, but I can't help but think Jimi deserved better.

I wholeheartedly agree.
It's been so long since anything new from Jimi has come out i'll take
what i can get...i was hoping people here could have a listen and give their thoughts on the music.

Is there anymore "unreleased" stuff they can sell and squeeze out of Jimi's name?

I bought the album "Blues" a while back that had all the unreleased Blues covers and songs he did that were bluesy, and I really liked that record. Now the other ones like "Valleys of Neptune" I felt like they shouldn't have released that, as most of those songs didn't even sound done. If he was with us, he probably wouldn't have wanted that released AT ALL. That album was basically a bunch of demos. I haven't listened to the New Rising Sun yet, and probably won't, so I won't judge that.

They are scrapping the bottom of the barrel to market off his name now. Hell yeah I think Jimi deserves better!What I love is listening to Janie Hendrix talk about how much she loves him yet she's all about that money.

The same goes for bootlegs. I hear people ask all the time "Gee I wish we had this Hendrix show" is there really anymore Hendrix shows they can give us besides the Fillmore East Band of Gypsys shows? We got the whole Winterland set on a box set. We got the Berkeley show, we got "Hendrix in the West" which is pretty good too.

I've seen interviews with Janie basically flashing off how she has the masters to the full Fillmore shows that spawned the legendary Band of Gypsys album, but why won't she release them? She did release the Live at the Fillmore, which was not even the whole show, just songs that probably were considered for Band of Gypsys. She's released everything else, including all these unreleased outtakes and demos we did not need. I would buy a Fillmore East box set. Band of Gypsys was my favorite Hendrix album, and I'd love to hear all the shows that the album came from. They tease us with the track lists of those shows, just release them already!

Most of that crap is not even "unreleased" it's crappy demos and outtakes they scraped together. I'm not calling the music crap in a bad way, but deep down you know Jimi probably didn't want that released.

Welcome to the Janie Hendrix Experience. She's not even blood related to the man and is constantly milking everything of his for money.

She's not even blood related to the man and is constantly milking everything of his for money.

do you blame her? i mean, Jimi has been dead for a long time so i doubt he cares

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom